“Nice place to get a quick bite”
Review of Cafe Muse - CLOSED

Cafe Muse
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed May 8, 2013

this place is now called Cafe Muse. I called in late in the afternoon following a meeting that went through lunch, which can be a pain sometimes as nothing is left after 2.30pm. I can recommend the fish finger sandwich very nice and it was served with a nice salad. Service very prompt and food good what else is needed? Price not too expensive around £10 for sandwich plus a side salad and a nice coffee. Will call again

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Visited here today and will never visit again waited nearly 30 minutes for a roast sandwich which came on stale bread and was grissly, and to top it off surly rude staff when I only asked where my food was as I had been waiting nearly 30 minutes.

Very poor indeed!

2  Thank William T
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I went with some of my students after a visit to the museum. We fancied a cake & a cup of tea. However when I went up to purchase I saw that the cakes we at face level unwrapped on the counter, & people were coughing on them. this is unacceptable, but seems to happening in a number of venues in Manchester at the moment, as well as a health hazard the cakes were drying in a warm atmosphere. Needless to add we just had coffee & it was served in a paper cup.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

I called in for a breakfast at 0920hrs on a Thursday whilst en route to a meeting in a nearby building. I ordered the standard breakfast with a couple of amendments to the menu; these were glady accepted (unlike many places) . The food arrived in 20 minutes, which I consider was slow considering the time of day and the meal requested; the restaurant had few customers. The meal was tasty and well prepared; standard breakfast plus orange juice was £8.70, which I thought was expensive for what it was. I am sure that one of a number of nearby cafes could have offered a similar quality and quantity of food for about half the price... though perhaps not in such pleasant surroundings.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

A trip to the Manchester Museum is always great for the family and after trecking up and down the stairs , we had worked up an appetite. We went on a Sunday and they had run out of soup (it was only 12.30) so the only hot food they had on the menu was the Sunday Lunch (there is a wider choice in the week).

Given the fact there was only one kind of meal left to serve and should just be a case of plating up, you would have expected a fast turnaround however this wasn't the case. After a 30 minute wait we had to chase the waitress to see where the food was and there were several tables doing the same. When it eventually arrived it was disappointing. Three small slices of overcooked (yet cold) beef, one about the size of a 50p so very small indeed and one which was pretty much just fat. A poor choice of vegetables, a tablespoon of carrots and parsnips which had been roasted away to nothing and two potatoes.

To try an liven it up a little, I asked for some mustard which didn't arrive and after 3 minutes asked a second waitress who obliged (albeit with French not English mustard, a travesty ;-) ). After 10 minutes and the food was finished (what was edible), the first waitress brought the mustard I had asked for so at least she remembered I guess.

At £7.50 a meal, I could have gone to pretty much any pub in Manchester and got a better quality and priced Sunday lunch. Plan to visit elsewhere after the museum.