“Tasty”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Food was really nice, and served pretty quick after ordering. Menu was small but I personally like that.The soul music in background just added to the chilled out atmosphere and the staff were nice too. Would go back!!

1  Thank Sophie T

Reviewed May 18, 2012

We went here on the living social deal Sole recently promoted, offering two seafood dishes and a bottle of prosecco for £12. When we arrived, we were greeted by a really pleasant waiter, who was attentive throughout. We loved the restaurant itself - it was stylish and comfortable, with low-level soul music playing. The prosecco, offered as part of their deal, was enjoyable and drinkable. We ordered three dishes off the grazing menu (all usually priced at about £7 but we got two included with our voucher): moules mariniere, chilli prawns and salt and pepper calamari. Whilst we were not expecting any great shakes, we were hopeful that as the place was promoting itself on its seafood that the dishes would be better than average. They were unfortunately both tiny portions and rather tasteless. The mussels were tasty enough, and the prawns were quite big, but the prawns did not taste of chilli (or much of anything) and there was only about 7 of them (this for a dish normally sold at £7.50 a pop). The calamari, which was a substituted dish for something else on the menu, were sold to us as salt and pepper calamari but came plain with a slice of lemon. They were tasteless. We had had salt and pepper calamari recently at a cheap noodle bar and they were so much better than Sole's version. As I said, we were disappointed as we thought the point of the living social deal was for Sole to advertise their USP - seafood - and the seafood we were served was poor, not very interesting, and no better than could be brought from the supermarket. Such a shame - we liked the place, and the service, but won't be going back.

1  Thank Schmooble
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Great service and amazing food. Best seafood we have had in a may years at home or abroad.

1  Thank ffhb
Adam D, General Manager at Sole Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

Many thanks for your kind comments and I look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed May 14, 2012

We purchased the Living Social deal to try this place out, as we love eating out and I love fresh seafood.
I was very impressed with the service and with how nice the food was.
The only thing is that the portions could be bigger, or the dishes cheaper, we had 7 dishes between the 2 of us (to be fair 1 was just chips at a cheaper price and 1 was bruscheta which was very big) and we could still do with some more to fill us up and at £6-£7 per dish it doesn't add up cheap. Fortunately we had the deal with 2 free dishes and bottle of fizz, which was very nice by the way!
But I suppose that is what you pay for good quality fresh seafood..
I would go again, for special occassion perhaps.

1  Thank AnyB

Thank you for your review following your recent experience at Sole. I will pass on your kind comments to the team and look forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I love seafood and was excited when I heard Sole had opened in Manchester, my fiancé booked for my Birthday but it was quite disappointing. The food was very well cooked and tasty but, for the cost we were very underwhelmed by the size of our portions. Starter - 1 Scollop and a cube of pork belly £9.50!! We both had seabreem for main £17.95 each for 1 fillet on a small bed of lentils! The menu was also very small with not a huge amount of choice, tried it for a change but we won't be returning.

1  Thank Danielle D