“Supper Club”

Ranked #496 of 2,326 Restaurants in Manchester
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Tea Hive supper club was the perfect antidote to a wet miserable January Friday evening. The clever theme of Comfort Food for the month of January, apparently it changes every month, was executed in the form of a tasty souffle starter, chicken pie and mash, divine, and a salted caramel and pecan apple crumble to die for, all washed down with a really good bottle of red.
As a regular customer in the day I was interested to see how Tea Hive would feel in the evening, the welcome was still as warm and friendly as ever but the atmosphere was definitely more of a select restaurant, it reminded me of That Cafe in Levenshulme. Next month they have a great Valentines theme meal, great idea!!

There are newer reviews for Tea Hive

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Went for breakfast. Perfect. Just what we wanted - nicely cooked food in a friendly establishment. Very tasty. Not sure if it's open of an evening but if it is, we'll be going.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Tea hive is the best coffee shop in Manchester! I went with my mum and the welcome, atmosphere and food was outstanding. We had the light lunch, incredible value for money. The cake was delectable and the whole experience was genuinely fantastic. I'll be back, frequently!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

If you like High Tea then tea hive is a great little place. You get a choice of 6 slices of cake with tea or coffee and it's only £7 or £8 I think. I loved the Peanut Butter and Chocolate cake - delicious! My only criticism is that it feels a bit cold and draughty, the decor is meant to be old fashioned but it could do with a bit more colour to give it more of a vibe.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Wnet here with a friend who was visiting and the cakes look lovely but the one we ordered, the Baileys cream cheesecake was dry and overpoweringly bitter. Now I'm the kind of person who will normally eat cake even if it's not great but I couldn't eat this. When we complained we were offered another cake which we accepted. Then the waitress came up to tell us that as the cakes we had in exchange were cheaper than the ones we had originally ordered then we would have to pay for one extra cake as they couldn't sell the ones we had tried and didn't like. Apparently no one ever complains about their cakes! The atmosphere is nice in there and the coffee was good but don't think I'll be going back.