“I would never book in this place again”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Premier Suites

Premier Suites
Ranked #43 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Derry, United Kingdom
“I would never book in this place again”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I have not actually stayed in this hotel. I made the wrong booking and I tried to cancel straight away after the booking but they refused to cancel. The booking agency tried contacting them on my behalf as I am a regular customer with them but they also refused to cancel despite the fact that I tried to cancel ONE month in advance ! so they could have easily rented out the room. I also spoke to the manager Robert but he was not very friendly and he did not seem to be bothered. So basically I paid them 180 GBP for nothing.

On the first day of my booking I received an email from them asking whether I ll be coming the next day. Unfortunately I made the mistake of answering them and saying that I won't be coming. They have consequently cancelled my booking hence not giving me the opportunity of reviewing the place. And I am confident they most probably rented out that room. I am glad tripadvisor gives me the opportunity of making people wary of this place.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Fadi81
PremierApartments, General Manager at Premier Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your booking you made with Premier Apartments Manchester and I apologise for the issues you encountered.
However, when making your reservation you chose to book on our Advanced Purchased Rate, which is highly discounted, on the proviso that the booking cannot be cancelled or amended.
Prior to the booking being completed on line you do have to confirm that you are happy with all the details ensuring people do not book in error.
For any future bookings, our best available flexible rate would be more suitable, as this rate allows you to cancel and amend booking up-to 4pm the day before arrival.
I hope that we can welcome you back to Manchester at some point in the future.

Lesell Ward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
Essex
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Good value for a self-catered apartment in a city centre. The apartment was spacious with good quality facilities and furnishings.

Location: Within walking distance of the Arndale Centre, MEN arena, shops, tramstops and the train station.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
PremierApartments, General Manager at Premier Suites, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us in Manchester. I'm glad that you enjoyed yourselves and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was very excited to stay here for a weekend away with my partner due to the great location in Manchester city centre. On arrival, we were not disappointed as the one-bed apartment was spacious yet cosy and the rooms appeared clean and comfortable. However, while putting luggage away in the wardrobe in the main bedroom, we were horrified at the sight of a used condom on top of the wardrobe, covered in dust like it had been there for weeks. That completely ruined the stay for us and after speaking to reception, the terrible customer service we received solidified the fact that we will not be staying there again. After speaking to the man at the reception desk, we were offered a 20% refund and a full refund once he got in touch with the manager, however this itself took 3 weeks and once the manager contacted us, she informed us that no further refund could be made. Very much a horrible experience and overall waste of time and money.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Alb431
PremierApartments, General Manager at Premier Suites, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay. I should like to apologise for what you found on top of the wardrobe and assure you that I have spoken to the housekeeping department in relation to this incident.

There must have been a misunderstanding in the communication with the reception team in relation to a full refund as they advised this had not been offered. I am aware you have been contacted by our sales manager to also offer you a discount on a future stay as well as the 20% discounted to your last stay, to restore you faith in Premier Apartments Manchester.

Once again I should like to apologise for any inconvenience caused

sligo, Ireland
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed at Premier Apartments, Apartments very clean, beds really comfortable. easy access to shops, restaurants, and as we travelled from airport by bus the bus stop is beside the apartments.Staff very helpful. Will be back again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
PremierApartments, General Manager at Premier Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for your excellent review!

We're in a great location....close enough for all the shopping and night-life, without all the noise...bliss!!
Hopefully we'll see you on your next visit to Manchester?

Nottingham
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed on a Friday and used this as a base for a bit of shopping and then a night out. The location is good and the parking is super secure and brilliant.
We stayed in a 2bed. Lots of space and every facility we needed. It was clean all round.
We have looked at booking for a Saturday night later in the year, and the price was really high - value obviously depends upon when you book and how much you are paying.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Many thanks for your review, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and found the apartments comfortable.
If you keep your eye on our website, we have plenty of special offers which may suit, but if not we offer a 5% discount if you have stayed with us before and book direct on our website.
We look forward to seeing you later this year.....

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have recently stayed at Premier Apartments to celebrate New Year's Day in Manchester with a group of friends. I would definitely recommend this place, in terms of budget, location, accessibility to transport and the attentive, helpful staff at the reception.

I requested a non- smoking apartment and although it states on the booking confirmation that a non- smoking apartment cannot be guaranteed, the staff were very helpful and accommodated our needs, which was a bonus!! The kitchen was a decent size, however some of the pans were dirty. This maybe due to previous occupants who left it uncleaned. In terms of kitchen equipments, we would have preferred another cloth to dry our plates, as we were only provided with one in the kitchen. The bedrooms were very comfortable and the showers were clean.

After I checked- out, I realised that I had left an item behind in the bedroom. Therefore, I phoned the reception to see if they could double check for me. They were very helpful and pleasant on the phone, as she requested the house-keeping department to double check for me. Within a few hours, they realised that the linen company may of had it mixed up in the pile of laundry, which was the case. I really would like to thank all the staff at the reception for their helpful work.

We had a great stay and would definitely stay their again for next years celebrations!

Thanks

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your lovely comments about the team....I will certainly pass them on to all of them.
Great news for all non-smokers is that from the 1st April 2014 we will be totally non smoking in all apartments so this will definitely not be an issue on your next visit to us!

Once again, thank you for you comments, and see you soon.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Great for the shops and Northern Quarter. Apartments are clean and the one we stayed in had a balcony. All good with friendly reception staff. Worth a visit. The lift works and not busy. Good onsite parking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.