“Nice Change”
Review of Premier Suites

Premier Suites
Ranked #40 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed at these apartments as we where going to the Robbie concert ! the tickets came as a present from my wife and my daughter fixed the apartment for us !!! to be honest i expected 5 star at least after discovering what i thought she had paid for the two nights, on arrival i found the chaps in reception very helpful and they explained everything to us.

On seeing the rooms my idea of 5 star evaporated to 2 or 3 star !!! i thought the whole place must have been lovely when first opened but now needs a good refurbishment the main points in my opinion a T V in the bedroom is a must as well as a D V D in the living room, !!! on the whole, the experience was enjoyable as the apartment was in a good location for everything we needed and we enjoyed going to M&S to buy a meal for two and a bottle of sparkling wine !!!! just a shame Robbie was not on the telly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
PremierApartments, General Manager at Premier Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for your review and glad you enjoyed your recent stay and found our location ideal for your needs. We are currently undergoing a soft refurbishment to ensure our usual high standard is maintained. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back so you can experience this.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We paid £150 a night for each apartment as everything else in Manchester was booked up due to a Robbie Williams concert. We stayed x2 nights.
Beware no air con!!
Not great on a hot stuffy day, as windows open onto a very noisy street!
Noise vs heat factor made it difficult to sleep at night.
No free WIFI available - extortionate fee of £10 a day!
Room was clean and comfortable - basic, but my colleague arrived late and received a smoking room that was awful!
Very convenient for Manchester city centre. Staff were helpful and polite
I would not return only if I had no other option - plus personally prefer a hotel room rather than an apartment when travelling alone!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank hilarylevy l

Thank you for your valuable feed back. July 2013 was an exceptionally hot month in the UK and unfortunately this meant that the apartments were warmer than usual. We do have fans in stock and would have been delighted to place this in your room. We also offer rooms at the rear of the building that are quieter and can be allocated on request.

Serviced Apartments are a great alternative to a traditional hotel stay and although you feel your experience wasn't ideal for you, Prem Group also have a Boutique Hotel within it's group. The Leopold Hotel is located in Sheffield and is a member of small luxury hotels of the world.

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 20-23 June arrived late after a long journey to find that the code we had wouldn't open the garage door. After a few attempts called the out of hours number to get a cheerful response with the correct code and changed one for doors to lift. Apartment just as we remembered (stayed many times in past but not for 6years) but looking a little tired with curtains of runners and replacement microwave on work surface for the built in one. Shower head and glass leaked meaning floor was soaked abs by look of the flaking paint on skirting board this was not the first time The prices have risen since first stayed here but it's nice to have home away from home rather than hotel where you feel in the way of housekeeping staff if decide to stay in
Overall a nice relaxing stay with only contact with reception to get reciept on leaving!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank PaulMandon
PremierApartments, General Manager at Premier Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are at the moment going through a refurbishment with all the apartments being decorated and tables and chairs being re-varnished and new utensils bought, so you should see a vast improvement on your next visit!!

We look forward to welcoming you again in the not to distant future.

Kind regards

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The one bedroom apartment i stayed in was good in terms of size, facilities and value for money. Nevertheless, some minor issues i noticed regarding the maintenance of the rooms i.e. broken mirror in the bedroom and safe not working. The location is right in the city centre just off Printworks. However, this five minutes walk were quite unpleasant and in my view quiet unsafe for a lady alone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review and I agree, our apartments are all very spacious and great value for money. We do have a lone woman travel policy.

I am sorry you felt uncomfortable walking back to the apartments as we are located in the bustling Northern Quarter that is renowned for its culture and personality.

We do attend monthly meetings with our neighbouring companies to discuss improvements in the area and this is something we will look to address.

If there are any defects in the apartments, we will fix as soon as we are aware. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back and thank you again for your feed back.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I haven't stayed here because 48 hours before I was due to travel to Manchester my partner received a phone call saying they had had to cancel our room and booked us in to somewhere else, due to them taking on clients who had asked to stay another night or two. I tried ringing back later that day but a security guard answered and asked me to call the next day, when I did I spoke to Rob the "operations manager" who basically fobbed me off and wasn't that bothered when I explained that I had booked this hotel in March specifically for its location to the MEN arena where we were going to a concert. I explained that I would have to change my train tickets to come in to a different station and it would cost me taxi fares to get to and from the venue, again he didn't seem that concerned. Very poor customer service.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Diva_babes1

Thank you for your feedback. It would seem on this occasion a long term in house guest had extended their stay without notice, this unfortunately resulted in an overbooked situation and on this very rare occasion found we had to relocate you to an alternative hotel.

My sincere apologies and although this isn't an ideal situation we will always contact you as soon as we are made aware and will relocate to a property of the same standard.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have stayed here several times so it must be OK. I usually get a 1 bed apartment but last visit we got put into a 2 bed apartment because all the 1 bed apartments were taken (we paid for just a 1 bed apartment). The apartments are a very good size, fitted out with all the bits you would expect. Private, secure parking available under the apartments but there are not many spaces so book your place. Location is good, close to the Arndale shooping centre & the Printworks. The only negative is that the condition of the apartments could be a bit better, there are scuff makes & scratches on the walls & furniture - the usual wear & tear signs I suppose. The owners need to keep on top of this & not allow the rooms to deteriorate any more. I'm sure that I will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Col Z

Thank you for your review and delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. We have recently undergone a soft refurbishment where all work surfaces and tables were stript and revarnished, we paint all apartments on a rotating schedule and all lamp shades are currently being replaced. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to enjoy the new improvements.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed here after seeing a concert at the MEN. The location is good in terms of its proximity to the centre and the MEN (easy walking distance) but to be honest I didn't feel safe walking in the area at night. We were in a mixed group of six, and whilst we were walking back after the show a car followed us along and stopped by us. We sped up and hurried to the door, the car continued to cruise behind us. Once we were at the door it sped up and away. I felt fine in the city centre, but not here. If you're in a small group or a group of girls, I would maybe recommend getting a taxi to the apartment late at night.

The apartment itself though, was brilliant. We payed less for it (per person) than we would have done for a Travelodge, and it was exquisite. Fully kitted out, with plenty of kitchen and bathroom stuff and power showers, well decorated, large and comfortable rooms and beds. Even the unfortunate one who had to sleep on the sofa said it was extremely comfortable. The whole apartment was also spotlessly clean.

The car park is very secure, as it stores your car underground behind a secure gate. It was a little difficult to find, but the directions were good. I would definitely recommend it to anyone and will be returning myself!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 177Jen_S

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that you felt unsafe in the area, as a lot of our female corporate guests do say that the area is one of the reason that they stay as they feel safe. I will however contact our local officer and the Northern Quarter committee to discuss your concerns with them.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the apartments though and hope to see you and your family in the future.

Kind regards