“Excellent location and apartment very clean”

The Atrium Serviced Apartments
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights recently. The location is excellent. Rooms are very clean and bathroom was nice. Only problem was that tv was not working properly but didn't mind as we were not staying long in apartment. Will stay again

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed there three months ago with my boyfriend. The biggest let down was the size of the room, it is so small the pictures make it seem a lot bigger. The worst part was finding someone else's knickers in the room, told reception and they refunded parking ticket, and said contact head office in writing but I haven't done that yet. However room is beautifully decorated , and place has a glamour feel. Good location close to gay village.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The Atrium is very conveniently located in Manchester and the rooms are spacious. I have booked a studio before but this time got upgraded to a large studio which was lovely. The decor is simple and not flash but tasteful. The bed was comfy. There is a kitchen so it was possible to prepare simple meals in the studio. There is also a good DVD library. As I was on business, it was perfect. I could eat in and watch a film on nights I didn't want to go out. The shower was slightly weak for my taste but I appreciate that showers sometimes get a bit leaky in hotels especially if they are more than a few years old. The housekeeping is once a week but it's fine I just kept it tidy by myself and stuck all the dishes in the dishwasher. The staff were helpful as well. A good value hotel all around.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We have just returned from a one night stay at the Atrium which is perfectly situated for a stay in Manchester. We had booked tickets to see the Lion King at the Palace Theatre and decided to stay the night so that we could enjoy a meal in Chinatown without the late journey home. When we arrived at the Atrium we were very impressed with the welcome and smooth process of checking in. Manuela, who greeted us was very friendly and efficient. We were informed that we had been upgraded to a larger apartment. We were not disappointed and the facilities were first class. The apartment consisted of a kitchen and dining area, together with a relaxing lounge/sleeping area. It is worth mentioning the excellent security of the building.
The social areas and apartments were spotlessly clean and the staff very friendly, particularly Manuela who we dealt with on several occasions.
Overall it was a great stay and we shall certainly be returning the next time we stay in Manchester. It is ideally situated for the theatres and for restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We paid £70 for one night in this hotel. We had a room with a lounge/kitchen, separate bedroom, and separate bathroom. The bedroom was small which wasn't a problem on it's own, however there were heavy fire doors that swung shut between each room and with the double glazing that successfully kept the noise out, I felt suffocated in the night. Because of the door weight, only a heavy chair would wedge it open. Next time I will simply take a door wedge with me! There weere only two pillows which were a bit mean, it definitely needed two more. Overall, the room facilities were very good and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed here for four days in March 2013. Very nice building which is split into four separate parts. Our room was on the ground floor facing out to the main road which we were slightly worried about. After getting used to the quietish traffic noise we slept very well. The accomodation had all that you need for a self catering break. Everything was clean and of a good quality, the only problems were minor ones. Reception staff very nice and attentive. Very central to the centre plus only a short walk to either Piccadily or Oxford stations. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have just returned from a 3 night stay at these apartments and overall was very happy with my stay:

Upon arrival at Atrium, you are greeted by a very impressive looking reception area. The check in process was quick and efficient and we were directed by the friendly staff to a first floor studio apartment in Dominion House.

First impressions here were good too. We had a good sized studio, the layout of which meant although it was a studio, the bedroom, living area and kitchen were almost separate. There was plenty of wardrobe and storage space, a decent desk and work area and a couch and decent sized TV. The kitchen was very well equipped with plenty of matching, high quality plates, cutlery and utensils. There was also a fridge, dishwasher, toaster, kettle, full sized oven/grill and hob (but no microwave!--no problem, just don't be lazy and use the cooker!) We used the kitchen a lot, as it saved on eating out for all meals like you would have to in a hotel! The bathroom was also a good size with heated towel rail and a very good shower and very very hot water!

On the whole our stay was a good one, the only minor gripe I have and it does come down to personal taste, was that the bed was a little too hard. Also, do expect a little noise if you stay at the weekend. Canal St is nearby and people will inevitably book these apartments and go on a night out. It wasn't really a problem, it just disturbed our sleep a little on one night.

Overall, I am scoring the Atrium as 4 stars. Only because I have stayed at the Liverpool BridgeStreet apartments before and whilst they are identical in many respects, the ones in Liverpool are newer and and have an awesome location within the city centre, deserving 5 stars.

I will be booking Atrium again for any future stays in Manchester. Thanks