“Good location...”

The Atrium Serviced Apartments
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and was impressed! Suite very spacious, nice bathroom and well equipped. Good location to explore city shops & restaurants. Had late drinks at bars across the street by the canal. Would recommend this as a place to stay. Nice change from a hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012
There are newer reviews for The Atrium Serviced Apartments

Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with my partner and we had a brilliant evening. Very close to the centre, so was easy to find.
The bathroom and kitchen area's were very clean and all the bedding and towels were free of stains and rips.
Great that there's a fridge and oven, including other neccersary appliances so we made ourselves feel right at home.
Staff on reception could be alittle more cheerful but overall we had a lovely stay and will be returning in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked an apartment online to celebrate my fellers birthday and upon arrival were given the keys to a room in the 'Dominion Wing' by the smirking staff on reception. The lift smelt of sewage, it was baaaad. The room we were given didn't look like the one advertised online, it was basically a small hotel room with a microwave and pressure cooker. The cabinets were plastic and dated and the bathroom was a little mouldy in places. The bed was hard and super squeaky, there were stickers on the cd player and a tiny tiny tv set, which overall gave the place a bit of sunday school/old persons home vibe.

To their credit, when my boyfriend mentioned my disappointment to the guy on the reception desk he offered to upgrade us, free, to another suite in a different wing. The other woman on reception didn't seem too happy about this as she reminded him that there were only two of those suites available. Very cool.

So we moved our things and the room was great, honestly about 3 times the size. There was the dining table I'd seen on the pictures, a better equipped kitchen, bigger t.v and beautiful bathroom.

Returning to the hotel later that night we took the lift up to our suite and just before we hit the 4th floor the power cut out and we got stuck. I'm not claustrophobic but it was still a pretty panic-y situation, not helped by the fact I was desperate for the loo. We rang the alarm and shortly after a guy said he was on his way to help. About 5 minutes later he spoke to us and then started trying to figure out whereabouts we were, we struggled to hear because the alarm was still ringing but it became clear he was having a go at prizing open the doors. After a while he announced that he couldn't do it, We said 'Ok'. After a few moments eagerly anticipating his reply the guy said he was off to call the fire brigade so we sat tight. Five minutes later the lift sprang back into action and started up towards the 4th floor where we were met by 2 guests who had called it up. We advised against them taking the lift and rang reception to let them know we were out, the guy said 'Ok' but offered no friendly apology and it wasn't mentioned again. Actually we weren't asked in the morning how our stay was otherwise I might have.

Overall we had a good night but I wouldn't recommend this hotel to others unless you are prepared to be cheeky and try and get a good room for your money.

Room Tip: The room we were initially given in the Dominion Wing was really poor value.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here for three days when attending a conference. It was very clean and had everything that you could need. The staff are very helpful and the breakfast boxes we great. The only problem is expecting them to be a hotel, there is no restaurant etc. and the curtains in the room do let light in but I was very impressed overall.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Nice open reception area, swift check in with everything going well until I was asked to provide a debit/credit card for a £100 (!) deposit for damages. You can pay cash if you want and get this back, but really who carries around £100 cash with them these days. I was a little uncomfortable about doing this but had no option. This wasnt pre-advised and so you could be caught off guard if you are unprepared.

The apartments themselves are great - its like a little house in the size of a hotel room. Two TVs, a sofa, a stereo, little kitchen with all various stuff you might needed, little desk. Great! It's obviously designed for a long term stay but even for my one night it was a refreshing change from the usual hotel room.

The rooms themselves are in good shape,but walking through the corridors of the place isnt pleasant - it all looks rather dated, the carpets in particular look really shabby. Also there are some random smells in the corridors but nothing overly awful.

Location-wise its ideally situated for bars, shops and most things you'll need.

To sum up then, nice little place, great apartments, bit shabby in some areas and the 'deposit' system they operate is not welcome and could catch some people off guard.

Id have no qualms about staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We booked nine rooms for a Saturday night for a mature hen weekend!! The rooms were all different but we were all great. Everything had been thought of from cooking equipment to iron and hairdryer. Plenty of coffee etc and even bottled water waiting in the fridge. The rooms were lovely and clean. Staff on reception were pleasant. Although the appartments are opposite Canal Street bars we were not disturbed by them. Plenty of eateries within a 5 minute walk, china town too. 10 minute walk to the shops. Great. I would use them again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My choice for rooms 10th & 11th Sept 2012 was greatly restricted as Lady Gaga was in town on 11th. I didn't mind booking this well respected "serviced apartment", though, and it turned out well. Reception was staffed with 2 and sometimes 3 people. I was given my key for room 120 and directed where to go, but found the signs to rooms far from clear and it was a bit of a warren with tight corridors and quite a few small stairways to carry my heavy case up.
Tight corridors may give extra room space and my 1 bed apartment had a clean bathroom with shower over bath (an odd plug in the sink was fully in place when I arrived. I needed help to unplug it, but it was quite simply a matter of pushing down on 1 side as it pivots in the centre. Had it been left in that position when my room was made ready I'd have seen how it worked!)
Towels, soaps etc were all provided and good quality.
The double bedroom was adequate without being generous, with sufficient wardrobe and draw space and a safe. The windows were not easy to open but did, with the usual safety restricters.
An old 14" CRT TV didn't work, but no matter as the separate living room/kitchen/study area had a small but acceptable flat screen tv (saw Murray win US Open Tennis Tournament between nodding off sessions). The room had a sofa, chair, desk, internet (wire and WiFi).
There was complimentary tea & coffee, kettle, toaster, combination microwave oven and pots/pans/cutlery/crockery spotlessly clean.
The flooring was a cheap laminate job (but carpeted bedroom) which didn't quite work on the uneven floor beneath it.
I paid £95 per night for 2 nights booking through bookings.com (pay the receptionist on arrival) on the day before arriving. Many hotels had doubled their room prices for the Tuesday, but not this establishment.
Boxed continental breakfasts are available at £7. I used a JD Wetherspoon pub down the road on Princess Street for a cooked breakfast and cup of tea: prices from £2 to £6 depending on hunger.
I had to eat out, but the facilities could save a couple a few quid if they wanted to fix a meal.
I didn't need the room for the 2nd night. I'd have been refunded had I given 24 hrs notice. as it was, I didn't know in time so understandably no refund for me.
Just over the road to the right as you come out of the building is a decent Irish pub. Great Guinness.
Almost opposite is Canal Street which seemed livelier than other areas in the vacinity' possibly as it's the Gay scene's night time area.
Loads of pubs to choose from going left out of the building down Princess Street.
I'd have no qualms in using the place again, but shop around as you can get hotels cheaper if no Superstars are playing in town ;-)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business