“My new local..<3”

The Banyan Tree
Ranked #254 of 2,261 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Banyan Tree is a unique Restaurant and Bar situated on Ellesmere Street on the edge of contemporary Castlefield. The name is based upon on a tree that is famous in South Asia. In most traditional villages of South Asia, a huge Banyan Tree provides a meeting place for the community. They gather in its shade to chat, relax or discuss important issues and make decisions. We provide a perfect space to meet and relax with friends or business colleagues. Welcome!
“My new local..<3”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I am moving over to this side of town & have been visiting this little place week after week! The menu caters for all tastes, you wont be disappointed, money wise or portions. We had the big brekkie which was BIG, good quality bacon & sausage, they didnt scrimp on the toast wither. Well worth the money, the staff are lovely, attentive but not over powering. The atmosphere is laid back & cosy, its a perfect place for weekend breakfasts, or a lovely place to treat someone.

• Visited September 2013

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Delightful restaurant”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We have dined at the Banyan Tree three times over the last two years and every time the food has been exceptional.
The staff are friendly and the atmosphere is pleasant and lively.
The chef obviously knows how to infuse flavour in to the meals as they are always delicious and full of spices and herbs.
Never had a meal here that we have had to question, take friends and family there who have enjoyed the food.
Ty it out!

• Visited August 2013
“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Your typical urbanite pub/lounge bar that would fit perfectly into the NQ or Chorlton.

Excellent service and I really don't have a bad thing to say about it!

Gets very busy but I guess that just shows how good it it!

• Visited July 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“GREAT neighbourhood restaurant/bar just outside city centre”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

One of the places that to me defines what contemporary Manchester is all about - smart but relaxed environment and atmosphere, friendly and efficient service, great range of food and drink. The food is consistently very good - superb cheese, leak and chilli pie was taken last night, my wife loves the lamb burger, and I always come here for breakfast if I need cheering up in the morning. Great music as well. Hi-life makes this a bargain.

• Visited July 2013
Thirsk, United Kingdom
“Very good meal”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

A very enjoyable evening meal. The Banyan Tree has lively atmosphere and a buzz.We had a good bottle of Italian red to start. I had a really tasty rump of lamb served with crushed new potatoes black olives and spinach,followed by an excellent sticky toffee pudding. My only criticism was the the amount of time it took for the food to arrive. In fact they refunded the price of the pudding and we had not even complained. There is a first time for everything and I wish more places were as keen to keep custom. We will return soon I hope.

• Visited May 2013