“Lunch with Kevin”

Grand Cafe Waterstones
Ranked #42 of 102 Coffee & Tea in Manchester
Cuisines: British
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We're repeat customers here although there are other places near in competition. The nice thing about this facility is the fact that it is within a book shop that gives it a bit of extra atmosphere. The food and beverages were okay. There is a reasonable choice of items to eat and the range is quite good. The portions are reasonable and the cooking (as a ex chef) is fine for a restaurant of this type. We've never had a bad experience here and often use it for meeting old friends. You can of course, always brose the books whilst waiting if people are late.

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Good for lunch, with salads, cold and hot sandwiches and ciabatta specials

Proper coffee (espresso, cappuccino, etc) and an interesting brunch menu served until 11am that we'll go back and try

It's easier to get a table here than anywhere else nearby as people just don't know it's there

Reviewed December 8, 2012

The 2nd view provides excellent service, food and drinks. The staff are extremely helpful and courteous. The service is very quick and the food and drinks are delicious.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Last time I wrote a review I had eaten here and it wasn't too good, but the space and the staff are fab so I go back (again and again!). Thy're changing it soon - although I have been assured it will be just as comfortable - and are concentrating more on light snacks/sandwiches rather than full meals, which is probably a good idea. I like it for the ambiance and the staff (and the Sauvignon Blanc obviously). I hope it contiues to flourish.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

A colleague of mine was excited about our visit - but what a terrible disappointment.

There was no record of our booking for a lunch time window seat.

The meze to share was possibly the worst meal I have eaten in a public environment - 40% of it was mixed greens heavy in some kind of dressing, a few rock hard bits and pieces, some almost tasteless hummus - (if this was home made, the chef needs to go back into training).

The menu itself was some kind of colour copied piece of paper, there were no business cards so I can't complete the details below - in short one to avoid except for buying books and maybe coffee - although I am not even sure about the latter.

A real shame in one of my favourite City Centre locations.