Novotel Manchester Centre
  • Breakfast included
$96
$91
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Manchester Upper Brook Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$46
Travelodge
1,725 results
All reviewsseparate toiletexecutive roomaccor hotelsnespresso machineq parkhuge tvsofa bedcentral locationcar parkgood sizefourth floorbusiness tripoxford roadmini barmodern hotelbuffet breakfastreception staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 26, 2011

Well, we booked this hotel knowing it was rather expensive but after booking online and getting a deal we were happy as larry :)
Arrived at the hotel and we were able to check in early, we had booked an executive suite so were looking forward to seeing it... we were disappointed.
It was a nice room and very modern but it seemed they cared more about style than comfort, for internet access you have to pay an extra £13.50!! just for 24 hours and only had selected tv channels. The bed was soooo squeaky and uncomfortable, it caused a sleepless night along with the fire alarm going of at 11:30pm, it lasted for like a minute and then went off so we didnt know if there was a fire or not, it didnt seem so but we had no apology about it in the morning. The noise in our room during the night was quite bad, it was coming from outside.
Considering our room was a suite it was really small and the bedroom was divided by a wardrobe, definitely not what i was expecting after seeing the website, the bathroom was tiny and i found the separate toilet claustrophobic and kept the door open as the locks were dodgy. It was very clean which was good.
Overall the room and hotel is good, modern and clean but i feel it is WELL over priced for what you get. I reckon £65/£70 per night would be good enough for that room not £190 which is the official price.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
iblack, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2011

Thank you for your comments following your stay in one of our Junior Suites. Please be assured we will look at your comments and handle accordingly. Kind regards Iain Black - General manager

Reviewed February 26, 2011

I've stayed at the adjoining Ibis in the past and it's a thoroughly decent hotel but I was travelling on business this time and my company booked me into the Novotel.

First things first, the location of this hotel is fantastic. Really fantastic. It's incredibly central but it nice and quiet inside making for both a relaxing, peaceful stay in a vibrant and convenient location. Ten out of ten.

First impressions of the property are good. It's a modern building and the reception area has been recently refurbished with soft whites, blues and greens. Although some of the furnishings appear rather cheap, they're nothing short of comfortable.

The reception area also houses the bar and restaurant in this property, both of which offer a great variety of food and drink choices. As prices go, drinks are fairly pricey and so is the grub, but not overly so for a city centre hotel. Plenty of other options nearby, though, should you wish to find something a little less costly.

The staff on the bar were very friendly, welcoming and efficient.

The rooms here are very well laid out. With plenty of storage space for luggage and hanging space for clothes, the rooms also feature a split shower room with sink and seperate toilet. Excellent if sharing your room and nature calls when someone's in the shower. Only problem with this element of the design is that the sink is in with the shower, so you can't wash your hands until their done.

The beds were a real let-down. I like a firm mattress and these beds delivered, but instead of feeling like a quality firm mattress, these just feel cheap. As do the pillows and douvet which smack of hollow-fibre.

Biggest problem, though, was that I didn't get the wake-up call I had requested. Not only had I asked for it, I wrote it down for them on a sheet when I arrived so there was really no excuse.

The apology for the inconvenience was half-hearted and insincere. I had set my own phone as a back-up alarm and the receptionist said "well, you're awake aren't you, so what's the problem".... I told him that this wasn't the point.

I was heading to the airport to catch a flight and had I not had the foresight (or lack of faith) to set my own alarm, I could have been in a spot of bother had I missed it.

When I asked for a beer to be removed from my bill to compensate - I firmly believe that if hotels aren't made to compensate guests in some way, however small, they'll never make a real effort to change - the same receptionist was verging on the rude when he said no. I stood my ground and eventually he caved, but given the importance of wake-up calls, I don't think I should have had to ask twice.

I'm back at the Novotel in a few weeks, but only because my company is booking me in there. Given the choice, purely based on the customer service shown on the morning of my departure, I'd stick to the neighbouring Ibis. It's cheaper and just as good!

That said, I would recommend this hotel to a friend, for almost everything else was stellar!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
iblack, Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2011

I am sorry that on this occassion you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriosness and will investigate further. Please feel free to contact me on your next stay. kind regards Iain Black - General manager

Reviewed February 21, 2011

From our initial greeting at the reception desk, we relaxed. Here's a modern hotel, tucked away down a pedestian street. The room was clean and spacious with queen size bed + sofa. Fab shower - and a separate toilet is a pleasant surprise.Behind reception a newly opened 24hour bar was great to meet friends and be able to sit and plan our outing and chat about it afterwards. Sunday buffet breakfast was managed really well by the staff and our request for some of the dishes to be refilled was met with a smile and immediate action - and even brought to our table by the chef!! We enjoyed all aspects of our stay and would say the hotel was a large component of making our trip a success.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay. See you next time.
Kind regards Iain Black - General manager

Reviewed February 19, 2011

Rooms are ok, location is superb. But I stayed in jan 2011 during the refurb and this seemed to disrupt everything from checking in to the nasty breakfast that was served.

I would prob stay here again but would make sure it is back up to the general Novotel standards

• Stayed: January 2011

Thank you for your comments. i was sorry our refurbishment impacted upon your stay. Pleased to confirm we have completed the full refurbishment of all our public areas - Lobby, Bar and Restaurant. I am quite sure when you stay again that your faith will be restored.
Kind Regards Iain Black - General Manager

Reviewed February 18, 2011

The rooms are big with a bathroom and seperate toilet. The shower is quite big and the bathroom us spacious. The staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. Delighted youenjoyed your stay. Look forward to welcome you back soon.
Kind Regards Iain Black - General manager