“Good city centre location”

Novotel Manchester Centre
Ranked #41 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Convenient for China Town, the Gay Village and having a car park underground make this a Manchester favourite. Book an executive room, the mattresses are more comfortable. Bit cheeky charging for the water in the mini bar fridge.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
iblack, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2014

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at Novotel Manchester Centre and I hope to see you on your next trip. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,665)

Reviewed August 10, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It was my first time using my Le Club Accor card and I must say the room difference by booking direct is signifigant. I got a great room close to the elevator on the first floor. The hotel is in a great central location and close to the Metrolink for exploring the greater Manchester area. The lobby was very quiet I must say for a central hotel but it's brimming with great technologies such as Imac's and a virtual concierge which is great to use and very smart. All in all a great hotel that met my needs and I will be back.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit as a loyal Le Club Accor Hotels member. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

I stayed 1 night with work.The hotel is situatuated near china town and all the great resturants there. The hotel was clean, contemporary and the room was in good condition, much the same as any good Novotel hotel. The bed was average, i've slept in worse but slept in many better. Bar area was pleasant and the breakfast had a good choice of cooked or continental options. Fire alarm sounded for around 30 seconds at 01:20am. Not sure what happened and there was no word from staff, everyone just stayed in their rooms. Car park is situated in a private car park (Q i believe) next to the hotel, I left mine in ther over night without issue, even arriving late and getting a space on lower level. I would stay again with work, but if i had the choice or I was taking my family to Manchester, I would pony up for a Marriott or Hilton.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us and apologise for any inconvenience caused by the fire alarm. See you on your next trip hopefully! Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stayed at the Novotel in Glasgow a few months ago, but I think this one is even better. It's located in Chinatown, which is a lovely area full of restaurants and bars. We were in Manchester for An Evening With Sylvester Stallone and stayed 2 nights. We (myself and my son) booked a Superior Room but upon arrival, somebody (my wife!) had upgraded us to an Executive room. We opted not to have breakfast, as we were surrounded by so many places to eat. We went to Subway, which is just a few seconds up the street.

Our room was absolutely immaculate and included all the luxuries an Executive Room brings with it: a fridge, Nespresso machine, high-speed internet, movies and more. We even had a nice big wall-mounted TV. Queen bed was nice and comfortable, and son was happy with his sofa bed.

Elements, the bar and restaurant, is of a very high quality and nothing is too much trouble for the staff. A gentleman named Ritchie was particularly helpful and friendly on the two nights we visited. We ate there on the second night before leaving to hang with Sly and the food was outstanding. My son again had the Elements Burger (he had one the night before when we went for a drink too!) again and I had the omelette, which was packed with cheese, ham and mushrooms. Accompanying chips were fantastic. Service was fast and friendly. If I was being critical; I'd say the price of drinks is a tad high, but that's to be expected in a 4-star hotel. Besides, we used my Tastecard to half the price of our food.

When we arrived back from hearing Sly's fascinating stories and anecdotes, we decided to order some room service. An absolutely delicious (and huge!) pizza and some strawberries and cream. Again, fast and efficient service. You have to pay a fee to have it delivered to your room, but it's worth it.

One small criticism of our stay: on three occasions a member of staff opened our door and were about to come in until they realised we were in there. The first time, it was a maintenance guy and we didn't know this until we went and reported the incident to reception. For a minute, we wondered if he was trying to break in and rob us! I don't know if this was because our room was upgraded late in the day and it was still marked as empty on the system, or what. It was just a very minor annoyance, and actually quite amusing really.

I have stayed in quite a few Manchester hotels over the years, but this will definitely be our first choice in future visits.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
iblack, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Excellent Hotel for families. I stayed with my two teenagers.Staff polite and helpful and chatty. Room very clean and comfortable. Ideal base for exploring York and surrounding areas. Breakfast superb. Location Excellent for shopping and Tourist Office nearby. Management and special thanks to Sarah and Ola who made our first visit to Manchester really special. We would stay again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your visit to Novotel Manchester Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

I omitted a review of this hotel from a last minute family booking for New Years Eve.
Last minute family room. 4 of us plus dog. Great value. Excellent and great staff.
Overnight the 2 of us got to the bar about 1 am. Rushed staff were taking drinks orders ad hoc without the usual key/ signature system. They were over worked.
Superb breakfast for a chain hotel. Surprisingly good.
Bill. Drinks we never drank or would drink littered our bill. The manager took control. Apologised and for good measure deducted the actual drinks we did have, as an act of apology.
No complaints whatsoever.
It's a well run City centre value hotel. In addition the parking is also excellent and very convenient.

Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I stayed twice (April and May) on two separate business trips in Novotel, Manchester. This is in a great location, near central Manchester, Piccadilly as well as near the conference central 'Manchester Central.' The hotel is clean and geared towards business guests. On both occasions I felt that the standard of rooms could have been better with worn carpets and linen which felt a bit worn out! However, apart from these minor issues, the rooms are very spacious, complete with a separate toilet and bathroom as well as a bed and couch (which conveniently folds into a sofa bed). The hotel does offer free wifi, however the service is quite limited and slow! They offer a quicker wifi service but this incurs an additional fee.

The breakfast is excellent with an extensive array of both continental and full English breakfast choices. The service at breakfast is of the best I have seen in hotels with staff very helpful and efficient at serving teas and coffees.

Room Tip: On both occasions I stayed in room on a higher floor and I would recommend staying on a higher floo...