“Great weekend away”

Novotel Manchester Centre
Ranked #39 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 21, 2008

I just want the hotel to be recognized for what it was a lovely stay. My partner and my self stayed there after reading some of the reviews about the hotel and location. Was only introduced to Tripadvisor by a friend at work and would always use it before I book any hotel or holiday. Well back to the hotel. We came by car and had to park about 1 min from the hotel where they had good deal which saved us some money- The direction they sent where great, as you can get lost in Manchester. The hotel was clean and the staff very friendly. We only had breakfast at the hotel but I must say it was the kind of breakfast that kept you going all day, best I have had for a while. The location was great for the shops which where about 1 minute away and the Christmas market was next to the hotel as well. We went out on both nights and explored the night life of Manchester- I would recommend the Deansgate locks and Village great time. Just a note the hotel has a Sauna & steam room on the top floor which was great to relax on the Saturday afternoon after the night before- their was a gym but I will leave that to next time

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed September 29, 2008

We booked the Manchester Novotel to spend the night celebrating my best friends birthday in the town centre. The location was suberb, everything on the doorstep.
The rooms were spacious, clean and well equipt, (a fridge for the bubbly)!
I have to say that the staff, particularily the night reception team were very helpful and friendly, not many would make a cheese sandwich at 2pm!!!
Would definately recommend.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2008

We stayed at the novotel manchester on 13th Sept 2008 for 1 night. We arrived at hotel quite late and asked if there were any vacancies. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Room was very clean and quite spacious. Buffet breakfast was very good and was quite impressed that when we asked for some fresh fried eggs as the ones there looked liked they had been there a while, fresh ones were brought out within 5 mins. Location was excellent, right next to china town where we had an excellent meal. Overall a great hotel which made our weekend.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Novotel for three nights as part of a football trip with the Steve Perryman company (we went to see the Man U - Newcastle game on Aug 17).

The hotel is really nice, with friendly staff. We were very pleased with our spacious room (after having stayed in a very tiny one in London!). The room was always nice and clean when, though we were surprised that the toilet was in a different room than the bathroom itself. No biggie, maybe this is common in England?

My boyfriend had some dental problems while we were there, and the girl at the reception was really nice and helpful about finding a walk-in dentist in the area.

The breakfast was great! I thought it was really nice the way we were shown to our table and served coffee/tea if we wanted it. The selection at the buffet was big, and everything was tempting and yummy!

The location is good, only a few minutes' walk from the city centre, and the same with the train station.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2008

I have just returned from 10 nights (with a weekend at home in between) in this hotel, and while I can appreciate that it is a really nice place for one or two nights, after 10 nights I was DYING to get home!!

I didn't actually pay for my stay, my company did...so I can't really complain too much about the price, but having seen the advertised room rates I have to say that I wouldn't pay those prices for this hotel!

The staff were really friendly (especially one of the Polish waitresses in the restaurant, she was lovely) and generally very efficient. Meal service in the restaurant was slow, and there were a couple of occasions where one of the meals in the group was forgotten. Breakfast to your room is a nice touch - but I can't understand why they charge £3 extra for cooked breakfast to your room when you can have it in the restaurant for no extra charge!?!?

My only real gripe about this hotel is that the food is quite rich, and after 10 nights it gets very VERY samey. Anything remotely 'normal' is covered in tons of oil. My suggestion to the hotel is that they offer a specials board - it would help business travellers like myself as there is nothing more depressing than seeing the same menu day in day out, knowing that the company have paid for you to eat there and therefore you have little option but to do so!!

Other than that, and the issue raised by others of the room being too warm, it was a pleasant enough stay - I'm just glad I didn't pay the stupid prices they charge!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 12, 2008

My Stay in manchester was deff a stay to remember!!This hotel was perfectly situated the food and the staff were unbelievbly friendly, i really cannot fault this hotel one bit i would deff recommend for ANYBODY. Im already planning my next stay in Manchester and will deff return to this hotel.I read some reviews of this hotel before i went and i was a bit wary but trust me don't believe everything you read!Except this review!!I really hope this review helps you as my stay here was very good!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 29, 2008

My mother and I decided on the spur of the moment to visit Manchester to go to the Tatton Park flower show. As it was a last minute booking I was a bit dubious that we would find a hotel at all. I booked the night before after reading through reviews for many sub standard hotels in the city centre. This hotel was just what we were looking for. It was comfortable,clean and well priced (with an included breakfast deal). The staff were faultless and the location was perfect for both the trams and the free shuttle bus. I would definately stay again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family