“Do not book an evening meal on line as it doesn't happen.”

Novotel Manchester Centre
Ranked #43 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Durham, United Kingdom
“Do not book an evening meal on line as it doesn't happen.”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Booked on line a special deal weekend. We booked two night stay upgraded room with breakfast and evening meal. All went well arranged for evening meal second night. Room brilliant, staff helpful and friendly. Then we got the bill and noticed we had been charged for the meal, after discussions and several phone calls the hotel refunded the amount paid on line. So if booking hotel ignor upgrade evening meal or be prepared for the hassle of having to secure your refund would have given 5 stars if not for the above hassle

Room Tip: Executive rooms lovely spacious and coffee machine a bonus.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Iain B, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Manchester. I have taken up your comments concerning the billing of Dinner and pleased to confirm that our procedures have been reviewed. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards,Iain Black

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a Friday Night. Staff are very friendly and welcoming...........well done. My Executive Room was absolutely spotless with a superbly comfortable bed, a much better bed that some 5 star hotels in Manchester were I have stayed recently !!! Super walk in shower. You must have a good housekeeping staff here,,,,,,,,,,super clean room.
Breakfast was good value for money with good choice and quality. Service was excellent. Hotel well located for central Manchester.
A very pleasant stay ............
Thank you I WILL be staying again here!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting your coments here, we value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel soon Kind regards,Iain Black
Cardiff
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is a typical modern chain hotel. Clean, bright, large room. I arrived late on the first evening so ate dinner in hotel. A quick glance at the menu will show that it must come mainly from the freezer and so I wasn't surprised that the food was rather bland and uninteresting. Breakfast was another matter. They simply don't have enough staff on duty. I was eating alone and shown to a seat at a bar (shelf) at the side of the room. I was asked if I wanted coffee but it didn't materialise. There were no condiments etc on the bar. There were no bowls for fruit or cereal and when I asked for one a rather surly young lady brought two from the kitchen, handed them to me saying "that's all we have". I asked again for coffee and it was plonked down at my seat but without any milk or sugar. When I pointed this out I was greeted by a heavy sigh as the waitress went to fetch them. The food was decent with a wide selection but the hot food wasn't regularly topped up. They also have one of those stupid toast makers where you have to cook your own. In my experience they either burn it or undercook it while the rest of your food goes cold. The next morning, there was only one member of staff on duty trying to check room numbers and serve a dozen early guests. It took me three requests to get coffee which I dint get to enjoy because I had to leave to catch a train. A decent relaxing breakfast sets me up for the day but I didn't get it here. Could do better.

Room Tip: Give yourself plenty of time for breakfast and find somewhere more interesting for your evening meal...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Novotel in Manchester. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about Breakfast , which we have since addressed. Kind regards, Iain Black
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is generally modern and well-placed for the city centre. I believe the standard of the rooms is reasonably high for a three star hotel however unfortunately I got a disabled room (335).
It was clean with a good television and basic tea and coffee facilities.
The double bed was two singles pushed together and not very comfortable unfortunately.
The bathroom was again clean however the shower was in a bath and in rather strange place being over the middle of the bath rather than over the tap and which made it somewhat difficult to use.
The staff were very polite to a man.
Breakfast was a full English or continental and whilst it was rather busy we did get a table straightaway and were brought the coffee within two minutes.
In conclusion for a business hotel this is reasonable. Unless you're disabled make sure you don't get the disabled room.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Manchester Centre. I look forward to your next visit. Kind regards, Iain Black
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Me and my partner stayed here on the 23rd December for 1 night in an Executive Suite, which was definitely worth the money.
The room was spotless, modern and looked exactly like the photos on their website (which is often a rarity)
I've seen some complaints previously on here about the executive suite and how it boasts dressing gowns and slippers for guests, there are 2 sets however the hotel seems to place one of them in the wardrobe so don't think they have only provided enough for 1 party as this is not the case.
The bathroom was fantastic, toilet facilities were in a separate room which was convenient. The room was filled with a huge queen size bed, a sofa, bose sound dock, flat screen tv, nespresso maker, mini fridge... etc. The room just felt like luxury.
I must add my stay was booked through lastminute.com so the 1 night cost around £60, i'm not sure of the usual cost for the room however it was extremely worth the price I paid. My partner was highly impressed.

The one downfall of our stay was on the monday morning at 9am ish. We woke up to a huge alarm going off throughout the building which left both me and my other half waking up terrified. I have never heard such a loud, awful alarm in my life. It turns out it was a weekly test of the fire alarm (good to know they check it's working) however we would have just really appreciated to have been told this during check in the previous day as being a younger couple we had stayed out later the night before and planned to sleep in a little longer... which obviously didn't happen in the end.
Other than that, the hotel is brilliant. I would recommend this hotel to be considered if you're traveling to Manchester and wish to stay in a central hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Novotel I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Iain Black
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Is very difficult to fault this hotel. Good location, friendly, helpful staff. Breakfast good. Room was very good, clean, full of toiletries. The only minor faults we have is no plug sockets by a mirror and very good quality bed but just too soft for us. One of the better hotels we have stayed at in Manchester.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Manchester.. I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel soon. Kind regards,Iain Black
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Returned again for one night to visit relations and China town and couldn't fault anything. Checking in and out was smooth and professional. Staff were attentive and friendly, breakfast leisurely. Happy Hour was especially good!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Manchester.. I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel. Kind regards, Iain Black