“Good city centre hotel”

Novotel Manchester Centre
Ranked #41 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a smart modern hotel - very much in the Novotel genre. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The bed was a little too small for our liking and also too soft - but that is very much a matter of personal preference. As with other Novotels, the sound insulation is very good indeed. Our room gave onto a busy city centre street but there was no noise pollution. The breakfast buffet was of a very acceptable standard.
A good value city centre stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
iblack, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Manchester Centre. I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,692)

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have just returned from a one night stay in this hotel, which is ideally located in the city centre. Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly reception staff who checked us in very quickly and efficiently. We booked an executive room which was very spacious and clean wih nice modern decor, plenty of wardrobe space and excellent bathroom facilities. The bar area was again nicely decorated, clean and fresh and a good place to relax and enjoy a drink. We went bed and breakfast and the breakfast buffet was fantastic, lots of choice and all freshly cooked to the highest standard. All the staff were excellent, very frindly and nothing too much trouble. All in all a great stay, excellent value for money and highly recommnded. We will definately will look to use the novotel next time we are in manchester.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Manchester Centre and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed at the Manchester Novotel for four nights in July 2013, while I was attending for business. Rooms were smart, clean and the bed was comfortable. Service was pleasant and efficient, and I had a B&B package too, and the breakfast was of a good standard. I would recommend the hotel for intrepid travellers making their way in the the UK's North-West. It's also in a great spot to attack the central shopping district, bars, pubs, as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Novotel Manchester Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Excellent location in central Manchester right adjacent to Chinatown and within easy walk of all the city centre facilities and action!
It’s a relatively new building with funkily designed public spaces – you can walk in through two entrances one off Dickinson Street and one off a pedestrianized road the opposite side. The restaurant is on one side of the lobby and the bar to the other (also accessible via the street). I immediately liked the décor, colours and visual aspects.
I booked an Executive Room which was on the second floor for just over £100 a night, which I thought was great value for the location. I was there for four days, so anywhere I am staying for more than a night … I have certain specific requirements.
I often work in Manchester and have tried a whole load of hotels there – my regulars over the last 4 /5 years have now become extortionately expensive most of the time, and so lately I have been on the hunt for new good options meeting my criteria – this is the third ‘new’ one I have tried in the last few months.
The room was large enough for me and all the luggage – it had a bed and a sofabed, modern design which was good if just borderline between stark and friendly, but absolutely fine once I’d spread myself and all my stuff out in there.
The window was a little small, but again, just about the right side of my ‘preferred natural light’ levels – which is ‘lots’! The view was not great but acceptable (of the pedestrian entrance road)
The bathroom was one of their moulded spaces, a little basic, but it did have a full sized bath as well as shower, and there was enough room to move and to store your bits. Basic toiletries, nice fluffy towels and enough hooks to hang everything!
Bed was comfortable .. and the room lighting was excellent – not just in terms out the output and coverage, but there were some attractive looking lighting fixtures that were placed in thought-out locations in the room – which made a real difference to the overall aesthetics.
The desk area was a touch small – but fine for the amount of time I was actually working in the room. The free internet (WIFI) also worked fast and efficiently – I left it running one day doing a chunky photo upload which completed in its own time but perfectly fine. There is also the option of paid-for wired internet.
There was a small fridge – empty apart from water – which is a perfect size for chilling your own essentials, and the room also had a Nespresso machine which I appreciated. This is probably one of the extras that you get with an ‘executive’ label, together with the bathrobe and slippers.
The staff were friendly and helpful … I will definitely stay there again and recommend to others.
The building is actually conjoined to an Ibis hotel ‘next door’ which will have all the same locational advantages for those on a tighter budget – always useful to know. I noticed that the Ibis room windows were a lot smaller!
It seems light is still seen as a premium associated with how much you pay in some cases!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for posting your kind comments and compliments. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Manchester. I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Manchester Centre again soon. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

It maybe a new hotel, but Reception requires more staff. I stayed 6nights (24/6 and 26/6 upto 1/7/13). I was charged BF for 2psns everyday when I did not use the facility. I asked for it to be waived but it was not done so, although it was verbally agreed. I have been short-changed & like to request a refund. Even minibar for £10 was agreed for a waiver, but not fulfilled. Your response will affect my future stays. Tq.

• Stayed: June 2013

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Novotel Manchester Centre. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and am currently investigating the matter with the team here. I appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience. Kind Regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed one night in this hotel in the centre of Manchester. Very nice location and close to good restaurants. Clean rooms and good english breakfast. The reception area was also very nice and modern. Will use this hotel again for the next business trip to Manchester.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RuneOslo

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at Novotel Manchester Centre. It is always good to read reviews from regular guests and I hope to see you on your next trip. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.