“Better every time !!”

Novotel Manchester Centre
Ranked #39 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Have stayed at the hotel a number of times and as always the staff are excellent from reception where they are very receptive, fun and professional to the girls waiting on the tables for breakfast, surprised by some negative feedback here on other reports as the girl waiting on us was superb and the breakfast spot on.

Room clean and of a high standard for a 3 star, definately on a par with the Mint Hotel and The Malmaison which are 4 stars and bar area refreshingly modern and good service.

Location fantastic near loads of bars and restaurants and short walk from the station

Room Tip: Book early as always for the best rates and don't be afraid to ask for preferences when booking
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
iblack, General Manager at Novotel Manchester Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Novotel Manchester Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

There are newer reviews for Novotel Manchester Centre

Reviewed October 27, 2011

Staying on the week-end of the 6-1 slaughter of Man United by Man City the very pleasant stay at the Novotel mitigated the pain.Modern,spotless and friendly right in the heart of the city with car park underneath the hotel is aperfect spot to visit Manchesters Victorian gothic heart.Next door Indian restaurant is excellent,friendly and good value.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Novotel Manchester Centre. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

Reviewed October 26, 2011

I stayed there 1 night but after I back home n check my statement, novotel took my money twice!!! Really, I need to pay£90! But they took money £180!!! That not fair! I went to ask my banker, she said ,novotel took money twice,true!! Need to request they to refund!! .(Paid by debit card)..after that I called them, they said.they took just once!!! That it not true bcoz my statement and my banker said the same, they took my money twice!!!!!...I need to send my mail to them but still waitting answer!!..that waste my time so much!! Novotel shouldn't do like this!!..

• Stayed: October 2011

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay at Novotel Manchester Centre. I can assure you the matter is being looked into. Feel free to call me to discuss this further. Kind regards, David Steele, Front Office Manager.

A TripAdvisor Member
swansea
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I really liked the hotel. The location was great, parking was very close and it does what Novotel does best - provide great functional hotel rooms. We actually used room service, a first, and had something to eat late on. I would have used the restaurant but it didn't open until 6pm and we had to miss out on our evening meal. But the room service was good. We use the restaurant the following morning for our lovely full british breakfast, which was great, but found the restaurant to be a design disappointment when compared to its sister hotel in say Hammersmith, London.

Our biggest gripe though were the toilet facilities. We had a suite which was nice apart from the separate bathroom and toilet which meant that the toilet was a squeeze, for anybody larger than me (5 foot 11,13 stone). The handle for closing the door, on the way out, was flush with the door frame and presented a trap risk to your fingers everytime you tried to close it. We advised reception accordingly when checking out so hopefully nobody else will suffer catching their fingers.

Overall the hotel was great. The room was lovely, the bed really comfy and the staff helpful - what more could we ask for?

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Manchester Centre hopefully soon. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

A TripAdvisor Member
Sunbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Website said hotel room came with safe - but it didn't so had to request a room change. Room service breakfast menu not provided on 2nd day - had to request 3 times.
Relatively minor points - room service for breakfast excellent - both service and content - rang to say it was on its way. Staff friendly and helpful. Room very clean. Lighting could be improved - very little natural light and no lights near desk side of window - so quite dark for working.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments. I can assure you the issues you raised are being looked into. I appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience
Kind Regards, Iain black, General Manager.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

Nice hotel, vell located, 10 min walk from Picadelly park and the "start" of the mail shopping street. There was a problem with the bathtub, it leaked and the carpet in next to the bathroom wall, became soking wet. We were given a new room when we informed them of this problem, but not offered help in moving our luggange between rooms.
Nice and clean, modern and fresh lobby and breackfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

I am sorry to hear that you didn’t find the service at Novotel Manchester Centre up to your expectations. We pride ourselves on our staff training, so this is something I will be looking into personally. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

While the hotel itself was clean and functional as one would expect from any major chain, what stood out was the worst designed bathroom of any hotel I have ever stayed in. Yes, very stylish but deeply impractical. The sink is huge and takes forever to fill to even a low depth. The tap is right at the back so difficult to reach when cleaning teeth. The plughole design on both basin and sink takes forever to drain so having a shower means standing in several inches of water. And the shower control would be impossible to use for anyone with a weak grip. Also the toilet is pointlessly in a separate cubicle with barely enough room to close the door. Clearly lots of thought has gone into making the bathrooms look modern and stylish but zero thought has gone into the customer experience. This the first time I have stayed at a Novotel. If they all have bathrooms like this I shall avoid the chain in future.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Novotel Manchester Centre. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and am currently investigating the issues you raised with the maintenance team here. Kind regards, Iain Black, General Manager.