“will return”
Review of Jack Spratt - CLOSED

Jack Spratt
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A favourite local hideaway brimming with bohemian charm, Jack Spratt offers relaxed continental-style cuisine. Showcasing a homemade menu, wholesome Jack Spratt favourites include sizzling grill cuts, hand-pressed burgers and flavoursome vegetarian options, whilst a selective wine list showcases carefully chosen international bottles. Jack Spratt is renowned for its eclectic music playlist, and draws in a following with its regular live music sessions.
mold flintshire
“will return”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

visited this Cafe\restaurant on a Sunday night, booked in advance as was told it can get busy, had a delicious meal, the staff were very helpful,pleasant & efficient, very reasonable prices, will return hopefully very soon, highly recommended

1 Thank tessabins

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Disappointing food and soulless interior.”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I visited Jack Spratt with a friend, we had been meaning to try it for years and finally got round to it on a Sunday afternoon. We didn't book ahead, but managed to get a table on arrival.

The interior is a quite bland and soulless....it's trying very hard but it just doesn't work. The biggest disappointment by far was the food, I ordered the pulled pork. I can only assume they were running low on the pork as my meal arrived with a minuscule amount which was plonked in a dry ciabatta (which is odd as pulled pork is typically served in a glazed bun) and a very mean little side salad- which was extremely oily.

I had high hopes for Jack Spratt, but based on our experience there's nothing that would draw me back. I would be unlikely to visit again, or recommend to friends.

Salford, United Kingdom
“Pretty average ”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Was really looking forward to going here after reading fab reviews. When we arrived we were told the kitchen was closing but 'it should be ok' which made me feel awkward and rushed. Had the pulled pork sandwich which was ok, but was quite fatty and didn't have very much flavour. Wouldn't rush to go here again.

1 Thank Emma H
Manchester, United Kingdom
“An lovely midweek treat”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The quality and presentation of the food was fantastic, we both had different choices for each course, each one as good as the other. The desserts were our topic of subject all the way home. In this day and age when we're all so ready to complain I thought it only right I make the effort to congratulate. I will happily recommend Jack Spratts to my family and friends and will visit again myself.

• Visited December 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Jack Spratt wonderful little find! Can't recommend enough”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We came across this little gem of a restaurant and cannot wait until our next visit. Quaint and chic little restaurant with the MOST amazing food! We had steak (like the ones you dream of) and chicken in a tomato sauce with prawn cocktail on top (it was delicious) with a bottle of red and followed by the highest quality cheese and biscuit platter. The staff were friendly and attentive on a very busy night and ensured we were well looked after. The decor is chic, slightly shabby and unpretentious and the food screams of high quality and an amazing chef. Thanks Sam for looking after us.