“Go for the earlybird menu - 35% off!”
Review of Jack Spratt - CLOSED

Jack Spratt
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A favourite local hideaway brimming with bohemian charm, Jack Spratt offers relaxed continental-style cuisine. Showcasing a homemade menu, wholesome Jack Spratt favourites include sizzling grill cuts, hand-pressed burgers and flavoursome vegetarian options, whilst a selective wine list showcases carefully chosen international bottles. Jack Spratt is renowned for its eclectic music playlist, and draws in a following with its regular live music sessions.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Go for the earlybird menu - 35% off!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My girlfriend had been here once before and recommended it to me. To start we shared the Home-made bread with a selection of butters & oils, and the waitress kindly brought enough warm bread for 2 people. There was rosemary butter, balsamic and olive oil, pesto oil and one other butter.
For the main course, I had the 6oz Cote de Boeuf (rib eye on the bone), potato dauphinoise & café de Paris butter. The cost was for £15, when it was usually £23. The steak was huge, the potatoes were delicious, but the sauce was not to my liking - it included anchovies and capers, and, not being a big seafood fan, I had to scrape this off into a napkin. Serves me right for not asking what the sauce entailed!
My girlfriend enjoyed the Pan-fried chicken breast served with fondant potato and a creamy mushroom and tarragon. The name of the house wine escapes me now, but it was good quality. We didn't sample the desserts this time.
Overall the service was superb, the staff friendly, and there was a great atmosphere due to a live band playing acoustic covers of popular hits.
In my opinion, without the early bird discount, the food would have been overpriced. I will definitely come back though, as I am interested to try the Sunday roast.

• Visited May 2013

Lancs
“Favourite Manchester restaurant of the month”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I've now eaten at this restaurant a couple of times and food is consistently at a high standard. I would recommend the blackened steak especially on the early evening menu makes it very reasonable. I've eaten here as a small group and also a party of ten and service has been great at all times. Informal surroundings make for a relaxed time and the added live music on certain nights is a great hit with my friends, especially the smoking cheese! Not a bad word from anyone and everyone commented on the good food. Drinks are city prices which can bump up your bill, but overall worth a visit.

Visited May 2013
“mmmmm burger!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Took my girlfriend here for her birthday and loved it. The home made breads and dips were amazing, double layer beef burger was delicious. The live band was great, not too loud and fitted the atmosphere well. Would highly recommend.

• Visited May 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Take advantage of the early bird menu...”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

A friend and I visited Jack Spratt's on a Friday evening and I was very pleasantly surprised. We took advantage of the early evening menu which gives a 30% reduction on the A La Carte menu and included this also the specials.
I had the goats cheese to start and whilst this was delicious it was a little too much goats cheese, even for me! The burger I had for my main was again delicious although I wouldn't recommend to have this if you intend to carry the night on drinking as it was quite heavy.
The staff were friendly and attentive, I couldn't fault them. Having the door held open for you was very refreshing!

• Visited April 2013
“Quirky and different”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Our first time visiting. The food was full of flavour and fresh but maybe a bit pricey. Absolutely fantastic staff who looked after us and were cheerful. A very kind waitress even let us sample the Lamb Mole before ordering. Would definitely recommend and well worth a visit for the early evening menu.

• Visited April 2013