“Good food, great value - friendly and attentive service.”
Review of Jack Spratt - CLOSED

Jack Spratt
Cuisines: International, British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A favourite local hideaway brimming with bohemian charm, Jack Spratt offers relaxed continental-style cuisine. Showcasing a homemade menu, wholesome Jack Spratt favourites include sizzling grill cuts, hand-pressed burgers and flavoursome vegetarian options, whilst a selective wine list showcases carefully chosen international bottles. Jack Spratt is renowned for its eclectic music playlist, and draws in a following with its regular live music sessions.
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. Haute cuisine it is not, but all the dishes we ordered were full of flavour and great value at the prices charged. The ambience is fine, although the music was rather too loud in my opinion. The decor is eclectic. The staff were very friendly and one came over and gave me, unbidden, the log on details for the wi-fi when he saw me using my phone.

Give it a try - you won't be disappointed!

2  Thank Johnnybach

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We went for dinner before heading to the theatre. Really relaxed and warm feeling as soon as you walk in, staff dressed in smart casual attire and pleasantly greet you. Not a big place but that adds to things I think.

You can tell the food is all cooked to order and fresh and the smell from the kitchen soon gets into the seating area.

At the time of visiting we were lucky enough to get on a 35% off the a la carte menu; we went for the lamb tagine and the blackened steak, both lovely and tasted great. I would say, but this might just be me, the 35% off price was probably about right for what we ended up getting. Don't get me wrong, the steak was perfectly cooked to my request and the taste was spot on, as was my other halfs lamb, but I felt there wasn't quite enough on the plate to have paid what was the full price.

I'd definitely go back, no doubt about it, a really nice place.

1  Thank CraigS14
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I’ve frequented Jack Spratt quite a bit since its opened, mainly at lunchtime but occasionally in the evenings and weekend as well. I am definitely a fan; its unusual décor and simple but satisfying menu appeal to me. It is great to have seen it grow in popularity becoming a firm favourite with a cross section of Manchester types – from office workers to mums with kids. Cost wise, its good value and the early bird menu between is a particularly good offer.

There’s a couple of things that the staff could do to make the experience a bit more seamless (like responding to queries on their website and bringing the right drinks first time) but all in all it’s a lovely little place with charm and character, very different to all the generic, soulless cafes out there and all the better for it. Support your independents!

1  Thank stokelady
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Dropped in for dinner and was very pleased with the experience.
Nice interior and atmosphere, attentive and efficient waiters and last but not least, good food.
Had a very tasty Shepards Pie and my friend a perfectly prepared steak. Definately well worth a second visit.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

This was my second visit to this very atmospheric and welcoming restaurant and my husbands first. On both occasions food and service has been excellent , shouldn't be passed by without a visit.

1  Thank alicat09