“What a surprise for 20 quids!”
Review of Burton Arms Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manchester
Burton Arms Hotel
Ranked #79 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Manchester, United Kingdom
“What a surprise for 20 quids!”
Reviewed February 14, 2010

I arrived after midnight from a business trip to realize that my mobile was dead and no one was at home to let me in... so I needed a place to sleep for the nigh... I decided to go for a budget hotel and I remember that this pub was renting rooms... the pub was closing down sending home the last customers, I asked to the bar staff if they still had a room available and the owner said yes! I was so happy!!!
The room was at the top floor, it didn't have the en-suite, but for 20 £ I believe was perfect! The room was super clean and I also had a TV to entertain myself.
The property is a bit dated but to be honest in my life I slept in much worst places that were charging much much more than 20 pounds... Thanks so much to the owners to let me stay at the Burton Arm... I will surely recommend the place to friends visiting Manchester!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Jersey
Reviewed November 25, 2009

Got to the Burton Arms after a day of sight seeing, to walk in to a bar full of men. Very intimidating, and not what i'd call welcoming as a woman in earlt 20's.
Room stunk of smoke and window wouldnt open.
Didnt brave breakfast.
Wouldnt recommend to anyone!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Katherine5065

Travelers are raving about these Manchester hotels

Channel Island
Reviewed November 23, 2009

Stayed for one night (for show and shopping) and found the arrival a bt unwelcoming, kept getting calls to ask if I was sure if i wanted the room from the landlord/lady.
Room was clean and comfortable but did find things a bit noisy.
Don't stay here if you don't like cig smoke as it seems that you are allowed to smoke freely in the place (astrays are also found in the all the rooms)
Would have tried breakfast but was put off as all the breakfast food was in the hallway in a box for a whole day.
I'd recommend the Burton's Arms it if you are males as the bar does seem friendly but didn't see one female on the customer side. They have lock-in (as people were drinking till 2am)
I don't think id recommend it if you were a single girl tho
Good for the price but as a single girl, I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
ireland
Reviewed August 31, 2009

Stayed at the Burton Arms for 2 nights was going to see Manchester utd and Arsenal. For £20 a night each you wont find better. Rooms were very clean and well equipt for what we needed it for. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful showers and toilets were clean. Its a good local pub and the locals are good craic would chat with anyone even us. Great breakfast can have both cereal and a good old fry up.
If you are going boozing which we did its really close to picidally and the printworks where there are good pubs clubs and resturants. Whatever you do stay clear of PURE nightclub its a kip inside filthy and the door men all think they have an important job its funny.
The Burton is a good spot for the price most impressed with staff and location will be back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
london
Reviewed August 13, 2009

Stayed for three nights for a few nights out in central manchester. Staff were friendly and helpful, atmoshpere was relaxed and location suprurb. Parking was a little difficult but not a massive problem. The price of the rooms was excellent value - ideal if you intend to be out all day. So much more interesting than the usual, non-descript hotel chains.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We were pleasantly surprised on arrival as we'd booked over the phone & understood a twin room to be £50 however, we were charged £40.
The rooms were light, airy & quite adaquate,likewise the amenities though the toilet systems could do with some attention lest they come away from the wall when flushed.
We hadn't expected the beds to be as comfortable as they were.The tea making facilities were much appreciated but the milk sachets were very out of date hence milk had turned.
Generally,apart from the few niggles mentioned everything was fine & the Burton Arms is extremely well situated being such a short distance from the centre of Manchester.
We appreciated the service by bar staff etc.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dancer006
blackpool
Reviewed January 10, 2007

To all staying at this hotel,
myself and a friend recently visited the hotel, we were amazed at the clean and confortable surroundings and amazing atmosphere both the workers and regulars created.

the breakfast was supurb, the beans where actually hot!!!
As an out of town scouser, the best part of the weekend was the fact that when i brought 2 lads back for fun, the landlord was ok with it, as long as we kept the noise down, not that we did like!!

Superb all round!!

call me!!
[--]

• Liked — the landlord
  • Disliked — the landlady!
  • Tips/Secrets — the beds in room 2 are well squeaky!!! if u
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank abcdefgBlackpool