“Cheap night in Manchester in a new-feeling Travelodge”

Travelodge Manchester Central Arena
Ranked #27 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I was only in Manchester for a Friday night - early start Saturday morning so this hotel was perfect. It was really good value - I guess there was nothing on at the Arena that night. The hotel felt new and my room felt even newer! It was about a 10 minute walk from Victoria Station - I'm not sure I'd like to have done that with my wife on a darky rainy night - but I was fine on my own!

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor - but theres only a car park around so I doubt you'd be disturbed on any...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Manchester Central Arena

Reviewed January 20, 2014

So we arrived the evening of my wifes birthday to check in. All was planned, kids dropped off at my mothers, check in hotel, change, out, drinks, meal, cinema, more drinks, dance, and more drinks. However my planning was suddenly halted when I provided my name to the guy on reception only for him to say "Nope, nothing under that name!". What? I nearly fell over. I checked my phone for the email confirmation and......I was a day late! The look on my wifes face would have scared a police horse. I explained to the guy, Abrar, and he said I'll see what I can do. I was hoping for a refund but as I've paid the saver amount due to a promotional offer some months previous, I expected to pay the difference, some £60. Abrar worked his magic and managed to move the booking from the previous day to the Saturday. Yay! He saved my backside and my birthday girl wife was smiling again. Phew! Outstanding customer service.

Also just to add, the hotel is spot on. Clean, modern, new, and staff are ace. Abrar, I owe you a drink!

Thanks
Dan

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We've stayed at many Travelodge's over the years and this one is by far the best. We were greeted by the friendly receptionist he was cheerful and smiling and made us feel welcome from the minute we got there. The hotel was spotless as was our room, I like the new décor of the room makes a change from what I have been used to in the past staying with travelodge although I would say it was a little on the small side but that didn't matter to us as we were only there for 1 night. In the evening we went into the bar and had a couple of drinks again we were greeted by a happy, cheerful member of staff. We went out in the evening into the city centre which is approx. 10 minute walk from the hotel. Upon returning to the hotel we headed straight for bed we'd had a long day, the bed was really comfy and didn't hear a noise all night we were on the 6th floor. Breakfast in the morning was well presented with lots of choice it was a great start to the day. All in all we had a lovely stay, all the staff we encountered were friendly and made us feel welcome throughout our stay, we will be staying here again next time we visit Manchester.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jackie D
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is a beautiful light and airy clean well maintained hotel. The staff are brilliant and friendly, the food is amazing value for money and looks amazing. Perfect location for Manchester Center. ***

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

We were a little early for our room and were very pleased to be given a cup of tea while we waited! We were on the top floor and had a very quiet night. The room was very clean all through our stay.
We enjoyed the breakfasts.
All in all a very comfortable stay and we would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shropshirelover
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel, we paid £26 for a twin room, it had the comfiest bed I've ever slept in, our room was spotlessly clean, the hotel is newly refurbished and it was very quiet. Perfect

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed January 15, 2014

we stayed 5 days in manchester. this hotel is okey, the breakfast was not so good, it was not som many different things on the breakfast to choose at, but the staff was helpful and nice. the location is very close to the train station and close to city centre with arndale center a 500metres away.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family