“fantastic!”

Ranked #5 of 48 Dessert in Manchester
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2013

A group of 7 of us went to celebrate our friends 21st. We were originally planning to go Richmond tea rooms but after finding them fully booked a friend recommend sugar junction instead, safe to say we were not disappointed! The staff were fantastic and very patient with our very indecisive table. The food was lovely and an amazing choice of cakes. We were especially impressed with the large choice of gluten free cakes. Definitely will be going back!

2  Thank JG_2_11
SugarJunction, Owner at Sugar Junction, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful feedback!

We are very happy that you choose to host your lunch here, and please come back for cake & afternoon tea soon :)

Team SJ x

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I'd heard a lot about Sugar Junction from female friends who raved about its vintage decor and presentation as much as the food served. I like finding new places so decided to go and see if the fuss had foundations.
I had to wait for a table as it was pretty full, but there was a helpful and polite member of staff managing things and before my interest waned I got to sit down and pick from a tempting menu. Gunpowder blend tea was delicious (and I have to say much nicer than I expected!) and the sponge cake was fantastic. All served by smiling staff who clearly care about where they work and their customers. I'd definitely go again.

Thank you for the lovely feedback!

The Gunpowder tea is fantastic!

Stop by for cake & afternoon tea again soon :)

Team SJ

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The most amazing selection of homemade cakes in Manchester, generous portions, reasonable prices & friendly service.

A traditional tea rooms with proper crockery and proper loose leaf tea. A real down to earth and homely place without the 'pretentious attitude' of other nearby tearooms.

The only negative points was that on every occasion that we have visited there has been severe condensation on the windows preventing a window view / people watching, also, they don't seem to respond to emails / website online inquiry form.

A real hidden gem!!! Will definitely be visiting again in the near future.

2  Thank Daryl S
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Just had afternoon tea as part of a large party and I can honestly say its probably the nicest afternoon tea I've had outside of the famous Ritz, and at a third of the price!
Portions were generous (I may return with my husband who usually leaves these things hungry), cakes were delicious, sandwich fillings yummy and the service was really good.
The last afternoon tea I had was cloud 23 and this knocked the socks off that, I wish I'd discovered here before!

1  Thank Lozza1uk
SugarJunction, Manager at Sugar Junction, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Sugar Junction. Customer feedback is very important to us and we are extremely happy that you enjoyed your visit so much! We try to update the Afternoon Tea menu regularly so we hope to welcome you back for another visit soon. Warm regards, Steph.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I felt it was a little pricey for a tea room, but it's quite a quaint tearoom, there are a good variety of cakes & drinks & we had tea & scones with cream & Jam, enjoyed it, but feel maybe the price should be reduced a little. However service was good & they can get booked up at weekends so it may be wise to book in advance.