“Always fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Topkapi Palace

Topkapi Palace
Ranked #248 of 2,246 Restaurants in Manchester
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Authentic Turkish cuisine selected, prepared & served by Seref Dursun and his team. Chef Seref Dursun completed his training at Hilton international many other restaurants before becoming Manchester s first Turkish chef over 30 years ago All meals are prepared on Topkapi's premises carefully selected prepared by Seref personally Topkapi's open kitchen gives you the opportunity to see our chefs at work Please feel free to ask any questions about our meat preparation We hope you will enjoy your taste of turkish cuisine, perhaps accompanied by a bottle of a Turkish wine or Efes-Turkish beer Whatever you choose soak up the atmosphere typical of this beautiful and historical country, Turkiye...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Always fantastic food”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We have been customers for the past 30 years!! We have never had a bad meal and the homemade sauce is unique and very tasty. The menu is extensive, reasonably priced and the good quality remains constant. The staff are friendly and helpful and we visit them most weeks! Our week is not complete without a visit to Topkapi!!

• Visited February 2014

• Arabic first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Unbeatable”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have been a customer of Topkapi (Palace) since it was a tiny Kebab house next to the Gallery on Peter Street (Where Great Northern now stands). That's got to be something like 30 years and I STILL go back because the food remains unbeatable for quality, choice and cost. Not only that but the owners and staff are second to none! One time, when I hadn't been in the place for a number of years, the owner came up to me - brought me a glass of red wine (he'd clearly noticed what I had been drinking) - he greeted me BY NAME and welcomed me back saying he'd missed me and where had I been??? Beat that!

I can't praise this place enough - and I notice when I go that there are lots of regular faces so it's not just me. Become part of the Topkapi "family" because you WILL go back for more!

• Visited January 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Turkish delight”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Not had Turkish food before but we will again. Staff were very friendly and welcoming, explained everything on the menu, very accommodating when we explained about a fish allergy they suggested other options off the menu. Very busy, clean. Efficient table service, food very tasty and reasonably priced,will definitely be going again.

• Visited January 2014
“Great”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Been here numerous times. The food is always fantastic. the prices are cheap compared to most restaurants. The staff are always friendly and welcoming. Will be back again soon! :)

• Visited February 2013
Oldham, United Kingdom
“good simeple food”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We have been going here for years although probably not even a quarter of the time its been around as its been open for decades even my dad used to go here.

it does simple food well and has some great offers for lunch and early evening and the quality of food doesn't dip when you go on an offer either.

This time round I chose a dish that I hadn't seen before and it was a little disappointing. Chicken breast with feta spinach and orange sauce. The sauce was the problem as it was a bit sticky and gloopy like you might get from a Chinese take away so it wasn't topkapis finest hour.

However the donna meat here is sensational, as the lamb kebeabs or which there are several different varieties. We payed £42 for our meal 2 starters and 2 mains 1 soft drink and 1 beer so we felt that was a little steep for the quality of what we had.

3 stars for this visit but don't let that put you off. Service is normally fine and fairly speedy especially if you tell them your in a rush and the food is good. If in doubt try it on an offer where id normally give it a 4

• Visited December 2013