“Oasis in Manchester”

Topkapi Palace
Ranked #216 of 2,386 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Turkish cuisine selected, prepared & served by Seref Dursun and his team. Chef Seref Dursun completed his training at Hilton international many other restaurants before becoming Manchester s first Turkish chef over 30 years ago All meals are prepared on Topkapi's premises carefully selected prepared by Seref personally Topkapi's open kitchen gives you the opportunity to see our chefs at work Please feel free to ask any questions about our meat preparation We hope you will enjoy your taste of turkish cuisine, perhaps accompanied by a bottle of a Turkish wine or Efes-Turkish beer Whatever you choose soak up the atmosphere typical of this beautiful and historical country, Turkiye...
Reviewed June 25, 2013

It is certainly up there with one of the best places to eat in Manchester city centre; have dined their before so knew what to expect I called in with a friend who was up from London to attend a meeting. Good meal deals with numerous options. Relaxed athmosphere where we were able to relax and unwined after a busy day. My friend said the restaurant was an excellent choice.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had a really nice meal here on Saturday night. Service was good and the menu choices looked appetising. I had the lamb in apricot, meat was incredibly tender and the sauce was lovely. My other half had chicken which he also loved and upon seeing him polish off the first tray of chilli sauce a waitress quickly replaced it with another. For 2 mains, a bottle of white wine and one beer our bill was £48, not bad for Manchester city centre. Only slight criticism, our table was very close to the next table of 2 and I felt like I was ear wigging as even though they only spoke quietly, tables were so close together you could hear everything.

1  Thank AmyW11
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We dined here a good few months ago with some pals and it was excellent then, but probably even better when we went as a couple. After wandering round Manchester trying in vain to find a place to eat cheaply without having to endure the Arndale hell hole we came across the Topkapi Palace and decided to give the lunch deal a go. At 7.95 for 2 courses, how could you possibly go wrong? Well, for a start, to put seabass on this exceptionally good value set menu is a wonder, and it was cooked perfectly. My mini mezzes were divine, and my boyfriend loved his sausages and the authentic donner kebap.
As regular visitors to Olu Deniz, we adore Turkish food and the hospitality of the locals. What we found here was the same level of service, and we polished our plates off in no time at all. The staff-two young lads-were ever so friendly and welcoming and we are sure to return very soon. This lovely little place is perfect for groups of friends, couples and families and all the tables are spaced out nicely. In fact, they gave us the best table in the house, which was beautifully decorated. Fantastic from start to finish-especially considering we had 2 drinks each and the bill came to less than 20 quid.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We ate here during our stay in Manchester as we had never visited a Turkish restaurant before.

The food was great as was the service and the place was nice. The only drawback was that it was quiet inside so didn't have that 'buzz' which could be down to the fact that the prices are a tiny bit on the high side and there is a massive amount of choice in the area.

Well worth a visit though, my missus said that the apricot lamb was the nicest piece of meat she'd had in a long time.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

On a chilled Wednesday evening I sat in and waited patiently for my +1 to arrive.

The staff were great and attentive. We got the evening meal deal, which more than satisfied our hungry gobs, it came out timely cooked well and tasted delish!!!

Funny how I'm rating this place like so cuz I've lived here for the most of my life and I'm now ashamed for walking past here all these years and not feelin tempted to walk in.

Deffo coming here again.