“quirky place. great service. yummy cupcakes.”

Hey Little Cupcake!
Ranked #5 of 16 Bakeries in Manchester
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Lovely little place tucked away not far from deansgate.

most importantly - fantastic service. I crashed in on these ladies needing an emergency 40 cupcakes (don't ask!) and they got them done, with lettering on and some amazing icing swirls.

the initial smell of sugar can be a bit overwhelming when you go in... but its worth it for the yummy treats that are inside. :-)

if you are trekking round the shops on "the avenue" its well worth escaping here for a sugar boost treat!

There are newer reviews for Hey Little Cupcake!

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Hey little cup cake is a lovely little cake shop, with different types of cupcakes to choose from. Prices range from approx £2 to approx £4 but probably cost the same as anywhere in the city centre. Staff are lovely and do as much as they can to help. Seating inside and outside to have afternoon tea.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I really like Hey Little Cupcake, and admire how adventurous and daring they are with their menu.

They're based near my work on Quay Street, so I occasionally pop down on my lunch break as a little treat. The cupcakes are reasonably priced, and pretty generous in size.

They have some constant cupcakes on the menu (like normal chocolate, vanilla and strawberry based ones) but often come up with seasonal specials. I particularly enjoyed a Ferrero Rocher cupcake I tried a while back!

I've not yet eaten in here (as I always take my treat back to work to enjoy at my desk), but I would certainly be happy to do so if the opportunity arose. The venue is always clean and tidy, with a friendly and inviting atmosphere.

Colleagues often comment on how nicely presented the cupcakes are, and most of them seem to agree that it is a nice place to go. A few of them, however, have commented that the icing is too sweet for them, and that they find the cupcakes a bit sickly - personally, this isn't an issue for me!

The only down-side is that sometimes they run out of the popular cakes, and you have to make a tricky second choice!

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Stopped by here with a friend. Firstly staff are really friendly and the inside is also very nice, you can sit outside too which is nice. The cupcakes all looked amazing so it was quite difficult to choose but in the end I went for the Paris cupcake, topped with a generous amount of pink icing, decorated with little hearts; it was so tasty! Icing was very creamy and not too sweet like cupcakes I've had from other places and the cupcake base was nice and moist, with a soft marshmallow centre. This place also serves illy coffee which is tasty. Cupcakes range from £2-3 which isn't too bad.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

The wife and I received as a Christmas present a voucher for two to Hey Little Cupcakes, and kept saying "yes we will go next month". It was our loss that we didn't go earlier, the place is a bit on the small size, only that may help with the atmosphere and location is slightly outside the Spinningfields area, this is a very positive point, have a visit to the Hey Little Cupcake in a quiet area and then a few hundred yards walk to the main Spinningfields area. The voucher was for an afternoon tea for two which included a drink, they have a nice selection of teas, try one of them don't just go for a latte or cappuccino, with sandwiches and selection of cupcakes. I will say when the sandwiches and cupcakes arrived I was thinking it was a small selection, only they were filling and I was full when we had finished them off. I will definitely be calling again as well as giving the gift vouchers to friends and family.