“Excellent little restaurant”

The Rose Garden
Ranked #178 of 2,295 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: New to West Didsbury’s Burton Road, The Rose Garden serves exciting contemporary British food created by owner and head Chef William Mills. It’s very much a family affair — William’s elder Brother Tom constructed the interior to a design created by their architect father, the restaurant’s striking visual appeal is complemented by professional but informal table service from William’s younger siblings.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent little restaurant”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We've eaten here quite regularly and it is always excellent. The 'early bird' is fantastic value and the a la carte menus is very high quality and although a bit pricey it is worth it. Last week I had the scallops, followed by the lamb and then the blueberry dessert all of which were really very good, my partner had the duck which she highly rated. The service is very friendly and attentive and the staff knowledgable.It is quite small but well designed. The only problem is if you sit near the door it can be a bit draughty as people come and go and last week it was very cold.. It is advisable to book, especially for the early bird as it is very popular and gets full quickly. There are many good restaurants in the area but at the moment this is the best in my view and there is some stiff competition. I would recommend it without hesitation and intend to return regularly.

“Once again a winner!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was our fourth visit to the Rose Garden. We went for spontaneous night out on a Thursday night and managed to get a table at 6pm. The restaurant quickly filled up and was full by the time we left. We were told the slot we had for our table was 2hrs 15mins which we thought was ample. The three course set menu was excellent value, as vegetarians we managed to have two different meals which is not common! Excellent, friendly service. The best starter I've had in a long time (squashed lasagne). we will keep going back!

Thank-you!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I went to the Rose Garden with my son on a Sunday evening and had the set menu. The restaurant is beautifully designed, with some really nice little touches - look out for the salt and pepper sets an the lovely coffee cups.

We had the duck followed by the blueberry dessert, both of which were delicious - delicate flavours with unusual details that were interesting but not pretentious.

The service was friendly and efficient and the whole experience was an absolute pleasure.

I would not hesitate to recommend The Rose Garden to anyone - it really was one of the best restaurant experiences I have had in the 12 months that I have been back in Manchester,

Stockport, United Kingdom
“Enjoyed the set menu”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Spent an enjoyable evening in The Rose Garden, and went for the set menu, which had good choice at more affordable prices. Lovely choice of wines, and some different choices here. Generally the food was delicious, although I was underwhelmed by my mushroom pasta starter, and my partner found a bone in his rabbit risotto. We did leave this on the side of his plate, although it was not commented on by staff. Apart from these points, we had a very enjoyable evening, and the restaurant has a relaxing but formal ambience, which we liked. Last but not least, we had the best cappuccinos ever here - delicious!

• Visited February 2013
Manchester
“Really good restaurant”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Enjoyed the food and ambience here. Service excellent. Staff friendly but unobtrusive. We enjoyed the set menu and it was really very good value for money. No problems parking either. If there was one small criticism it would be too much salt in the pork dish. (Main). Otherwise, excellent food and very well presented. Would definitely return.