“Food is to die for”

The Rose Garden
Ranked #193 of 2,356 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: New to West Didsbury’s Burton Road, The Rose Garden serves exciting contemporary British food created by owner and head Chef William Mills. It’s very much a family affair — William’s elder Brother Tom constructed the interior to a design created by their architect father, the restaurant’s striking visual appeal is complemented by professional but informal table service from William’s younger siblings.
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Visited this restaurant with friends on Wednesday and was blown away by the food. I ordered the chip shop prawns for starter and the steak tartare for my main and everything that was placed in front of me was delicious, well presented and a good sized portion. Between my friends and I, we tried nearly everything on the menu and they were just as pleased with the food as I was. The service here also matches the food.. excellent. The waiters cannot do enough to make you feel welcome and offer their help and guidance. This restaurant is in a slightly higher price range but I can honestly say the food is worth every penny.

1  Thank Lovefood92

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Great service, lovely food, set menu for New Year's Eve, pheasant Mcnuggets husband thought they were to die for he got 2 as I 'm a veggie. Starter and mains were delicious, the only glitsch, dessert too much cream.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I can honestly say the meal my friends and I had on Friday evening was one of the best I had ever experienced. And it was an experience, the restaurant is noticeably quiet as all the people in there and it is full! They are all concentrating on what they are eating!!! The scallops were just a melt in the mouth starter and all our three main courses were declared as being fab food. I have read other reviews but we had no complaint at all and would definitely recommend this restaurant

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Visited for a birthday treat, five of us booked and we weren't disappointed at all. The restaurant is small but warm and welcoming, the Christmas decorations very tasteful. We all had three courses and everything was devoured. Really nice treat for a celebration.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I really enjoyed my visit to the Rose Garden. I ordered the lamb dish and it was very tasty but I feel that the starter was more filling than the mains.

I think I will pay them another visit as I believe they have added a new lamb dish to the menu.