“Another hidden gem!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
England, United Kingdom
“Another hidden gem!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Had wanted to try this place for a while after hearing such positive things about it so my husband, 2 year old and I decided to give it a go last Saturday afternoon. Its down a very non descript back street and from the outside it looks like a grubby old pub but step inside and its like stepping back in time
The man who greeted us at the top of the stairs was welcoming and friendly. They didn't have a table straight away so offered us a seat in their waiting area (this is within the back room). A table came available very quickly in the back room and we enjoyed a pot of tea for 2, slice of lemon drizzle cake and an Alice's scone. The bill came to just over £14 which is a little pricey I guess but its worth it for being somewhere so quirky and different. They have highchairs which was great and a lovely guy gave my son a pink balloon which was very much appreciated.
The front room is nicer than the back room (much more colourful etc) but that didn't stop us having a lovely relaxed time.
Just so you know, the toilets are for men and women. My husband got a bit of a surprise when he walked out to two women washing their hands. They thought the confused look on his face was very funny!
We will definitely be going back.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank mozartonholiday

• Arabic first
United Kingdom
“What a treat!!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Recommended by a friend, we were looking forward to this as a treat in the half-term holidays! And what a treat it was! This is a quirky place with plenty to look at as you enjoy the atmosphere and the food. The service could not have been better.....attentive without being intrusive. The food was fantastic! I had a sandwich of roasted vegetables and hoummus which came with salad.....gorgeous! My friend had the soup and sandwich combo which she also said was delicious! We shared a pot of tea for two, I had a glass of wine and my friend had chocolate fudge cake......although it took her a good 10 minutes to make a choice from the amazing selection!! Our bill came to £22.....which we thought was excellent. All-in-all, a great first visit......and it won't be our last! :)

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Smilinglady52
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“A unique experience!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Walk through the door into the world of Alice in Wonderland. This wonderful tea room is based on Alices Adventures. Great Cakes, Great range of real teas. Don't miss out on the Afternoon Teas and especially the Champagne Afternoon Tea! I Iove it!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Jonathan F
Glossop, United Kingdom
“Great Little Find”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was responsible for finding a venue for afternoon tea for a group of 14 ladies isomewhere in the centre of manchester. I did search the the hotels and whilst they all looked good they also looed rather expensive. Google also threw out the Richmond tea rooms but I immediately took a fancy too. Afternoon tea, lunches and snacks were served all day, it appeared reasonably prices and less formal than the hotels.
We went on saturday afternoon at 5pm and were not disappointed. The tearooms located in a quiet backroad within the gay village, are an eclectically decorated from a baroque to tartan decor. had reserved the tented area, an area at the back of the main tearoom having a a canopy and suitable for larger groups. The service was friendly, attentive and helpful. The food was good. I ordered soup and a sandwich £7.95) followed by a massive individual apple and rubarb crumble pie at £3.95. Others ordered various afternoon tea menus. All looked and I believe tasted great.
There was a good atmosphere and we were delighed to discover Jason Orange (Take That) and a companion were sat on a table near by.

We all had a great time and have vowed to return sometime soon.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank MissMinkle850
Cranbrook, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had the Hatter's Tea which was more than enough for us. Delicious scones. Quirky decor, lovely atmosphere and prompt service. Well worth a visit - it was still busy when we arrived for afternoon tea at 5.30 pm. If you want silver service, uniformed waiters and cucumber sandwichs then would suggest you try elsewhere. For something slightly different and fun try here.

Visited February 2013