“tea at richmond tea room”
Review of Richmond Tea Rooms

Richmond Tea Rooms
Ranked #1 of 43 Dessert in Manchester
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
blackpool
“tea at richmond tea room”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

lovely place been twice this week in december staff friendly and helpful.something different.you wouldnt know it was there.my daughter and grandson went and told me about it.

• Arabic first
Manchester
“The Perfect Tearoom”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The options for tea and cake at 9pm are few, but to be honest even if everywhere was open at this time I would still pick Richmond every time. Between us we devoured chocolate cake, apple pie & bread and butter pudding. Each time I tried a bit of one of the puddings I had decided that which ever one I was having was my ‘new fav’ which is testament to the quality of the cakes. There are many tearooms over in the Northern Quarter but none seem to tick all the boxes unlike Richmond, so it is definitely worth venturing away from the Northern Quarter to The Village if you want the best quality tea and cake.

The tea menu is large and varied and the staff are always happy to talk you through it, giving their own recommendations. The place is decorated to an Alice in Wonderland theme and it is done very well. On this occasion we were in the curtained tent area at the end which was nice as it had a more intimate vibe.

The service was very good from one person. He was helpful, attentive and earnt the tip given. However another member of staff seemed like she couldn’t be bothered to be there. The daggers that were given by that member of staff when I asked if we could have more tea. Sadly the service can sometimes be poor but other times be fantastic. But the quality of the food is more than enough for me to look past the odd bad experience with staff, to still give 5 stars.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“amazing place staff are a credit everytime”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Food at the tearooms is always so well presented and tasty with lots of winter changes, I always tend to have the club sandwhich but even still ace everytime, the staff are so courteous, friendly, and personable, they all seem to genuinlly get along too and are happy to explain and laugh with you, my server was louise and michael who I couldnt fault. try and go into the lodge which is behind the tea rooms, I could have stayed in there all day.. the atmosphere is nice and relaxed.. think this is fast becoming my favorite place to eat and relax, well done guys.

• Visited December 2012
“Amazing experience, not to be missed!”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have visited these tea rooms several times since they opened and cannot express my delight as to how pleased I am upon each visit and each time it exceeds my expectations! Staff are naturally polite and very attentive! Decor is fabulous and the cakes well.... They leave little to the imagination! They are beyond delicious my particular favourite being the chocolate and orange! There are a large variety of teas avaliable and a truly tastebud tingiling menu! I cannot recommend this place highly enough, you must try it! I would like to extend my gratitude to the wonderful staff!! A**********

Chester, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Came here today with my 8 year old niece for a girly lunch. She was absolutely made up with the inside, gorgeous quaint alice in wonderland tea room.
Service was 10/10. Got seated as soon as there was a table ready, hot chocolate was lovely and the food was really nice.
I think my server's name was mathew and i am sometimes awkward as i have soya milk and wanted a sandwich changed into a salad and he was able to sort this for me. I work in the restaurant industry and so i know how annoying it can be but he was very polite and i very much appreciated it. Honestly loved the lunch here and will definitely be returning. I found the place very clean, even the bathrooms, service excellent and amazing range of cakes on display. For two hot chocolates, a fentimans cola, and a stack of pancakes and my goats cheese, fig and honey salad was £18 which i think was reasonable.
The only negative thing i have to say about the place is that you dont know its there unless you are specifically looking for it which is a shame because its such a lovely place to go, more people need to know its there.