“Wonderful experience”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We visited for my Granddaughter's birthday and were a little anxious as she has to have a gluten free diet. The waiter was exceptionally helpful and checked every minute detail. For anyone else who has to follow a gluten free regime, you will be pleased to know that they have gluten free bread and some cakes. The scones are huge and delicious as are the cakes.
What really makes this such a special place is the decor ~ pure fantasy! ( Do not be put off by the somewhat "dodgy looking" street it is situated in). Will appeal to both and adult and children.

• Visited November 2012

• Arabic first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I visited Richmond Tea Rooms at elevenses time. Perhaps they are better at tea time, but at brunch time things were not good. The pancakes I had were rubbery and luke-warm, and the hot chocolate was thin. It might even have been made with instant powder and water - I didn't have the heart to ask, I'm afraid.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Stephanie2008
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Proper afternoon tea!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great tea, great cakes and friendly staff - would definitely visit again! Loved the Scottish Breakfast tea

Visited November 2012
“Super Cool”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Really liked the service and the great selection of tea and cakes. The cake slices are definitely big enough to share! The atmosphere is very relaxed and a great place to catch up with friends and hide from the cold weather!

• Visited June 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
“A trip back in time!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We picked our daughter up from Uni and went to the tea rooms which is down a very dodgy looking street! However, once we got inside it was real olde world. It was a Sunday lunchtime when we visited and we were lucky to get a table. Service was patchy, as they have had such good reviews they should have more trained staff on that really wait on your table. We ordered sandwiches and they were lovely but they came with Doritos as a side instead of a salad garnish! I though it was a bit downmarket to add Doritos but maybe it's my age! We had cake after our sandwiches, which were lovely but I thought a little stodgy! The food is good but I did not like the lace tablecloths and I think the crockery should be posher and less like going to Granny's for tea! All in all it was very nice and my family loved it and the food.

• Visited October 2012