“Proper afternoon tea!”

Ranked #1 of 45 Dessert in Manchester
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great tea, great cakes and friendly staff - would definitely visit again! Loved the Scottish Breakfast tea

There are newer reviews for Richmond Tea Rooms

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Really liked the service and the great selection of tea and cakes. The cake slices are definitely big enough to share! The atmosphere is very relaxed and a great place to catch up with friends and hide from the cold weather!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We picked our daughter up from Uni and went to the tea rooms which is down a very dodgy looking street! However, once we got inside it was real olde world. It was a Sunday lunchtime when we visited and we were lucky to get a table. Service was patchy, as they have had such good reviews they should have more trained staff on that really wait on your table. We ordered sandwiches and they were lovely but they came with Doritos as a side instead of a salad garnish! I though it was a bit downmarket to add Doritos but maybe it's my age! We had cake after our sandwiches, which were lovely but I thought a little stodgy! The food is good but I did not like the lace tablecloths and I think the crockery should be posher and less like going to Granny's for tea! All in all it was very nice and my family loved it and the food.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Heard about this little tea room from a friend I have worked in an around Manchester for many years but never knew about this tea room, what a treat went one afternoon after shopping with my daughter, we both loved it, felt so relaxed after the hustle of shopping did not want to leave, had the soup and sandwich followed by cake and tea- perfect loved it! Cannot wait to return, if you like some thing a little different your like this, we had trouble finding it so do not give up if you cannot find it first time, it's a treat!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Tucked away on a back street in the city centre you will find this quirky boutique tea room.

I went there for Valentine’s Day earlier this year and it was a great start to our day. The menu is exactly what you expect from a tea room with lots of cake to choose from. We were sat in the greenhouse (yes, a greenhouse!) and even though we were a tucked away in the corner of the room the staff were very attentive.

It is pricey for what is essentially a cup of tea and some cake; but when you compare it to some high street chain coffee shops it doesn’t look so bad. Well worth a visit.