1,629 results
All reviews northern quarter city centre scrambled egg and beans stayed here minute walk sofa bed breakfast was included large shower free wifi the breakfast area yogurt car park victoria station modern hotel would stay again print works sat nav
Reviewed October 8, 2018

On arrival (which was late due to travel time) we got to our room only to find it stuffy and with no air conditioning unit which worked and a crappy fan which was noisy and just blew the hot air around the room. When calling to reception they came up and said "oh yeah its not working" do you want another fan?" When I challenged this to say I hadn't paid to stay in a hot stuffy room he said there's nothing he could do so I requested to speak with the manager and he went off. About 15 minutes later (Baring in mind it is midnight now) he phoned to say the manager would refund our night and they could move us in the morning but that night all the rooms were full. This was at least something but still meant that a hot and sticky night with very poor sleep. (despite it being rainy and wet outside and it being October!)
Breakfast the next morning was palatable but nothing to write home about, bog standard beans, scrambled eggs, greasy over cooked bacon and sausages, no veg and nothing low fat available.
The day staff knew nothing of our frustrating room situation but said that if we packed up our stuff we would be moved later that day. That afternoon we arrived back to the hotel to yet another set of staff, who again knew nothing but eventually found out we had been moved to the next room. On arriving to the second room although at least the air-conditioning was working but now the side lamp was broken, so poor lighting in the room and the telephone was also not working. After a long few days I'd had enough so just went to bed but had the worse night sleep in THE MOST UNCOMFORTABLE BED, poor quality and condition. The next morning when I highlighted this to the staff she asked me to complete a comment card!!!! I did get an email from the hotel which basically said....well you were refunded for one night so that should cover it!!! Absolutely terrible experience. I would NEVER stay here again and I would actively discourage anyone else from staying here either.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2018, traveled with friends
2  Thank Leonie B
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Leonie B,

My name is Anthony and I thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I'm pleased to have you as our valued guest. I'm so sorry for the unexpected experience you had with the condition of your room, due to the air-conditioner not working and the amenities provided. I'm also sorry that the service you received was not to your liking. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For this reason, we find your comments troubling. Nevertheless, I've noted down your comments and passed them over to our internal teams so they can check the areas that may need further/more attention. I have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details.

Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

Staff n check in good. Good location of hotel and not far from ncp.
Room nice but fouble bed too small. More like a 3/4 bed. That meant not a good nights sleep for us at all.
Pity really as no noise from outside or other rooms. Thsts why its 3 out of 5.
Breakfast is good as its included.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple

Hello SteBrizz,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I am sorry to learn that you found the bed received small. I shared your comments with the hotel management as reference to look into room bed size and allocation. I trust that measures taken will further improve your next stays with us.

I am glad that the check-in process and the hotel staff service met your expectations! We hope to welcome you back!

Best regards,

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed October 6, 2018

This was our second stay, this time husband & I were travelling with my father so had 2 rooms. Last time we stayed the customer service rescued us from a terrible experience at another hotel. This time we knew who to book with. We were not disappointed! From the moment we arrived after a long flight from Australia, we were treated so well - service was very friendly, warm and welcoming. The hotel is fairly basic but you get what you pay for. Everything is functional, spotless and we commend the housekeeping team for being friendly and responsive. Every team member greeted us with a warm hello. Breakfast isn buffet style and suited our needs. As for location, we needed a central place, with shopping sight seeing, transport and bars and restaurants in easy walking distance - this was perfect. We can highly recommend this to anybody ne wanting a friendly, clean, cheap and central location in Manchester.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor facing north over the square at the rear of the hotel.
Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

18 of us stayed here for 1 night for my sisters hen party and it has to be one of the best hotels for location and service that I have stayed in Manchester. The rooms were lovely and clean and ready for us when we checked in and we cannot fault the service from the staff on reception. On arriving there we asked if we could use a room to play some hen games and have pizzas before we headed out for the evening and without any hesitation they allowed us the use of their conference room which they also let us decorate at no charge. Nothing was error too much trouble and even on returning from the night out they offered us take out menus to order and have delivered in to their bar area. We were all really impressed with the level off customer service given and would definitely recommend and would stay here again. Great location and great hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here from r a hen party which was booked via funktion events. With there been 18 of us we were put into rooms of three. We were not expecting sure h a lovely hotel for the price we paid. The staff were brilliant and really accomodating. From when we arrived to when we left all the staff were so polite and friendly. Everyone said they would come back to the hotel as it's in a great location. Rooms were great and there was enough space for three to a room. It was very clean, the breakfast in the morning was good. I don't really have any complaints other than the sofa bed isn't the comfiest but I still slept well!

Thanks to everyone for making our stay a good one!!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends