“great all round stay”

Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre Arena
Ranked #31 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Hotel ideally placed for our visit to the men to see Brono Mars !! Struggled to find the car park recommend by hotel as post code did not take us to it but found it after going round the block twice !! To be fair might be my sat nav. Close to hotel only couple of minutes walk, arrived early 11.30 and not expecting to be able to check in but advised our room was ready so able to go straight up. Room small but adequate for one night new clean large shower lovely big clean towels always a plus I feel tells a lot about cleanliness of a hotel if linen and towels clean. Breakfast included fine to set you up for the day. We followed the advice in the lift for times at breakfast and had no problem with queues. All in all a great stay would definitely use again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We booked 2 rooms for 2 nights on sept.
Its about 0.93km from city centre.Good location , walking distance to shopping mall where we enjoy shopping at the "poundless shop" where everything's cost you 1 pound.For muslim traveller, it is easy to get "halal" restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Fid r
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in this hotel quite a few times now and always had a good stay! This time however we were disappointed we were checked in quickly and as always friendly staff went to room we always stay in 16th floor room was very dusty there was pee all over toilet seat and tv would not work! Rang reception and said they would change room had to wait over 20 mins and in the end I had to go down for keys!! Was told we had bin put in best room in hotel and to be fair was a large room n cleaner!! Apart from the fact the air con never worked room was so stuffy and uncomfortable didn't sleep and once we did woke up in morning with housekeeping slamming doors in the end we ended up checking out a day early and going home!!! Did take £20 of bill but still paying just over £100 a night expected a bit more!! Has put us off going back again which is a shame as great location n enjoyed so many times previous!!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
michelle_lonsdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor. I was sorry to hear that we had such poor standards of cleanliness and airs conditioning in the rooms you were allocated. We strive for very high levels of cleanliness at the hotel and it is mentioned often in reviews, I am disappointed that you only received a refund of £20.00 as an apology from the hotel and that we did not work harder to ensure you stayed for the duration of your stay. I am hoping you can contact me to confirm the details of your booking as you mention the 16th floor in your feedback and we only have 8 floors therefore I would be really grateful if you could let me know directly that this is our hotel and then I can investigate further. Thank you again

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed last night whilst in town for Jay Z gig, great location, clean well equipped and comfortable rooms and fab location for all city centre amenities especially the MEN Arena.
Cant complain abouf the breakfast, piping hot and tasty, not a huge choice but that was no biggie.....would defo recommend and stay here again!!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed in this hotel in the first week of July, on arrival we were shown to the lift where we had to guess what floor we Were staying on and then find our room. The rooms were average size and beds were decent. On the Tuesday I caught a vomiting bug. I rang down to reception the next morning to tell them and asked could they send the house cleaner up to clean the bathroom and change our sheets, the usual. I heard the clearner go into the room beside ours on either side and across from us but never came into us, then I thought maybe she had to get more cleaning supplies but after 5 hours of waiting I began to doubt my thought. I then rang down to reception again and explained that I had called before and nobody came up. The receptionist was apologetic and told me somebody would be up straight away! 2 hours later the cleaner arrived!! On the Thursday night, the night before our check out my boyfriend caught the vomiting bug also and i went down to reception to ask could somebody clean our room and they told me no! As my boyfriend was sick through the night and myself not feeling the best we had to check out to get back home. The "manager" who was on the desk was ignorant and rude. When I asked could he or some other staff member help me with the bags down from our room to reception he told me no that all staff Were too busy, baring in mind two staff members Were sitting in the back having a laugh and a joke. To add up in all the staff were not helpful and rude, punctuality obviously wasn't one of their strong points and it was the holiday from hell!!! I have stayed in Manchester before and I had an amazing time in the Britannia hotel but this Holiday Inn can only be described as a dive!

• Stayed: July 2013
michelle_lonsdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

I was very saddened to hear the feedback regarding your stay back in July. We have a small management team here at the hotel and I have spoken to each of them and no one is aware of the situation you have described. We have very high standards of customer care and will always help and assist any guests in need. I would like to be able to investigate this even further but will need more detail . I would be grateful if you could contact me directly on 0161 836 9605 or email me on michelle.lonsdale@hixmanchester.com. Thank You

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is a very nice hotel- lovely comfortable rooms- fantastic bathrooms with huge showers (no bath)- lots of storage space too. Nice big tv with freeview. Great location- 5 minute walk to the Arndale centre and Piccadilly Gardens- restaurants and bars.

The hotel does not have it's own car park so we had to get a voucher from them (£4.50) for a carpark around the corner.

The rooms do not have ironing boards- if you want one you have to go down to reception and lug it back up to your room yourself- poor service. Breakfast is also poor- sloppy runny scrambled eggs, no bacon. The mini pastries are nice though. I stayed at this hotel around a year ago and the breakfast is still the same- Holiday Inn Express- you don't want to be known for your sloppy scrambled eggs!!!

Great, modern hotel but the service needs improvement.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Ideal location for the arena and shopping (Arndale Centre and Deansgate) set back from main road - great room - very clean - cheap parking approx £4.50 overnight - car park couple of mins walk - Staff friendly breakfast ok and included in price; service excellent

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple