1,606 results
All reviewsnorthern quartercity centrescrambled egg and beansstayed hereminute walksofa bedbreakfast was includedlarge showerfree wifithe breakfast areayogurtcar parkvictoria stationmodern hotelsat navwould stay againprint works
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Needed a bed for the night and 60quid (via corporate travel agent) was great value. Staff helpful and efficient. Comfy bedroom and spotless shower room and loo etc. Think I would go stir crazy if staying all week though! Breakfast ok but limited.

• Stayed: February 2013
michelle_lonsdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for your positive comments & am glad you enjoyed your stay, I will ensure this is passed on to our team
We hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed February 8, 2013

i stayed in the H.I.E on 5th February and was pleasently suprised- after staying in an airport Holiday Inn- i wasnt going near their chain for a life time! but... after looking on the interent and T.A i found the Hoiday Inn Express- it was clean, modern, spacious and excellent staff- we paid £65 for one night 2 people B&B- excellent value for money- would stay here again.

if your after a one night stay this is the place to stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and the fabulous comments on the team and hotel. We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel really good location. But you expect when your paying good money to get proper service of a bar. They closed it early and would not serve us in our room either. Oh yeah the breakfast is done bad they bring about 20 sausages out at a time and there loads of people waiting so the rest of your breakfast is cold by the time they come out. Other than that its a great hotel. Perfect location and nice rooms

• Stayed: January 2013
michelle_lonsdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for your feedback I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, however I need to clarify some of the points you mention in your review. We are a Holiday Inn Express and our brand is as a limited facilities hotel so we don’t do room service however you are welcome to take your own drinks up to your room. Our bar shuts at 2am for residents but if it was closed before this point I would like you to contact me with more details as this is not usual service standard. I understand your frustration at breakfast and this is an area we are hoping to improve. I hope that none of the above means you won’t visit us again as I am confident we can do better next time!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed here this weekend for a 'girls weekend'. Really impressed with the triple rooms providing value for money. The hotel is right on the doorstep of the MEN Arena and within a stones throw of loads of eateries and clubs. We recommend the TIGER TIGER experience! The rooms were very clean. Breakfast was buffet style with limited choices but for a hangover those choices were just right ;-) Please get some bacon on the menu!!! Super friendly staff with a sense of humour :-)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sara D

Thank you for your 5 star review, I am happy to hear that you and the girls had a great time and you found the hotel well located for partying. It is a standard throughout Holiday Inn Express to provide only sausage, egg and beans as hot items but we still have some lee way with the choice of some of the other items unfortunately that won’t include getting bacon .

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Would have given this hotel 5 stars but i have marked it down because they took payment without my authorisation in the morning and it was only when I left that I realised I hadn't got a receipt.
Other than that slight hiccup, I would recommend this hotel. Ideally placed in the heart of Manchester and cheap parking nearby (24 hours for £4.80 at Euro Park on Addlington Road). 5 mins walk from the MEN arena and the Printworks. The hotel is well appointed, good quality furnishings and comfortable bed with choice of pillows. Breakfast has basic hot selection and then cereals, fruit, yoghurts and toast all at a self service area. Second time I have stayed here and would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your positive comments & for taking the time to write a review , I apologise that you didn't receive a receipt at checkout please feel free to email enquiries @ hixmanchester and we can send that out for you…We hope to welcome you back soon