“Very Good - But - Noisy Air Conditioning”

Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre Arena
Ranked #31 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Very Good - But - Noisy Air Conditioning”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have now stayed here 4 or 5 times, and I would absolutely stay again. Its great value for money, not far from the City Centre, clean, and still feels new. The staff are all very helpful. Its absolutely at the top end of 'discount'. Breakfast is not so good however, but its typical for a Holiday Inn Express. The breakfast area has been cleaner than before in the last few visits however. My team has now decided not to stay here any more however, for a reason I recognise but it does not bother me as much as them. It doesn't matter which room you stay in, there is a lot of noise that comes from the air-con and from the bathroom extractor system. You can turn off the air-con while you sleep and close the bathroom door at night to help. As I said, it didn't bother me, but it bothered enough of them to move hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
michelle_lonsdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre Arena, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to review us again and for the positive comments on the cleanliness of the breakfast area. I am really concerned to hear that your colleagues have decided not to stay here anymore due to noise issues; we have now resolved the problem after identifying what was actually causing the noise in some of our rooms. I am 100% confident this is now fixed and has been fully tested and all rooms will be noise free by the end of this week. I would appreciate you letting your colleagues know this and if they wish to they can contact me directly on michelle . lonsdale @ hixmanchester . com to arrange to try us again for a guaranteed noise free stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I just spent one night for a family birthday. The hotel has a fab location just a few steps outside the door and you are in the centre of town. Great for bars restaurants and shopping. The hotel was clean and new looking. The room was good although the bed was not comfortable. The free breakfast is basic. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Great for a one night only stay.we parked at the NCP Printworks car park covered and secure and very close to the hotel charging £15 for 24 hours parking would recommend this. Would use this hotel again for a similar one night stay defiantly.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the good comments on your stay at the hotel I am pleased you and your husband found the hotel well suited for the shops and bars and that the team were friendly & helpful. We hope to welcome you back again
wales
Reviewed November 21, 2012

stayed for 2 nights ,nice clean rooms staff very friendly ,brkfast was ok for what we paid ,booked with travel republic was cheaper than booking direct on their site ,parked car down across the road about 2 min away from hotel at 6.oo for 24 hours there was one for 4.80 but this was full , hotel only about 5 minute away from all the attractinos wether your going shopping or for a night out ,we visited the german x mas market this was well worth seing , would return to this hotel again i

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive comments on the hotel, I am glad you enjoyed the christmas markets we hope to welcome you back next year!
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2012

me and my husband stayed for two days, everything was brilliant great location to shops and night life .Lovely room everything you need very comfy,great staff very helpful.Free breky read other reviews and all the say is no bacon is this a major thing mmmm No, they have everthing else. All in all a really lovely hotel will def be back xx

Room Tip: ask for a room on floor 8 lovely views xx
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I was thrilled to read your "brilliant" review and will ensure it is passed on to the team, I am glad you and your husband enjoyed your stay and we will welcome you back soon hopefully
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed November 20, 2012

A new hotel very close to Arndale center for all your shopping. I have stayed twice in this hotel in the last year and I was very impressed by this new hotel. The rooms has a very good size, it smells new and the breakfast area and the lounge has a good size. The breakfast is standard Holiday Inn Express food in the UK with sausages, eggs, bread some cheese and youghurts. If you need some better breakfast , there are cafees and restaurant just outside your door or you can go 300 meters down to the Arndale center. They have a free PC in the breakfast room which work well. There is a small SPAR corner shop just outside your door where you can by your milk, sweets, biscuits , sandwiches etc,. I didn't have any problems with noise and I am certainly coming back to this hotel for future stays in Manchester.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your excellent feedback on the location and our free hot breakfast here at the hotel I am pleased you enjoyed your stays and we hope to see you again for a 3rd visit!
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed with my 8yr old nephew for one night 1st November in a twin room on the 2nd floor(room 207) . Great location for the Manchester arena. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good, the room spotless , powerful shower and very comfy beds. We also had access to free Wifi for £52 for the night. The hotel is in a lovely quiet location and I would love to have given it a 5 star ranking except for the noise in the room which at first I thought was the air conditioning system but when I turned it off in the room, the noise was as loud as ever. Neither of us had a good nights sleep and had we been staying more than 1 night, I would have asked to be moved. Also had trouble with the taxi firm the hotel promotes, over-charging, they didn't stick to the adviertised rates in the hotel. I did get a prompt response from the manager when I emailed my problems but he said the problems with the air condtioning earlier in the year have been rectified(not in room 207!) and he would speak to the management of the taxi firm (of no help to me). I may stay in this hotel again but only if I bring earplugs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your stay. I am glad that you found the team to be helpful and the hotel well located. I would like to offer my apologies for the noise in the room. This is an issue we have had since opening the hotel and we have spent the past year investigating and trying to resolve the rooms affected. I am pleased to say that I am 100% confident the issue has now been identified and all rooms will be checked and if needed fixed by the end of this week. I realise this doesn’t help you and your nephew as you have departed but I hope this encourages you to visit us again soon and recommend us to your friends and family
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2012

budget hotel with hot breakfast options..limited but good buffet choice. ...and they let you carry out too.if you ask.....informal eating....no evening meals but willing to let you order from takeaways and eat them in. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance to suit all budgets...and it is express so wouldnt expect evening meals anyway. Rooms comfortable with lovely shower and hotel clean. Staff very welcoming and want to please. Useful taxi phone but make sure the taxi operator knows you have suitcases too....ours didnt listen. Comfy seating area in bar and reasonable prices too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your positive comments & 5 stars , I am glad you enjoyed your stay, I will ensure this is passed on to our teams
We hope to welcome you back soon