$206
$101
$87
Priceline
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $102/night.

1,593 results
All reviewsnorthern quartercity centrescrambled egg and beansstayed hereminute walksofa bedlarge showerfree breakfastthe breakfast areayogurtcar parkvictoria stationmodern hotelwould stay againsat navprint worksbars and restaurants
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Stayed here for long weekend for a concert and sightseeing weekend, the hotel is to the usual high standard of cleanliness with very helpful staff. Very close to MEN Arena and Victoria Station and Metro.

Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for your positive comments on the team I will ensure this is passed on to the guys
We hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed here for one night with my boyfriend to attend a wedding party at another hotel in Manchester City Centre. We got the room on a discount website meaning we paid £63 for the night including the breakfast, which I think is excellent value for a city centre hotel. I have paid more than that for Travelodges in the past and they are below this standard and charge extra for breakfast.

Check in was fast and easy and the lady on reception very pleasant and smiley. Our room was a good size with floor to ceiling windows, a small sofa, desk and chair, flatscreen TV with freeview, tea and coffee making facilities and a very modern clean bathroom.

The shower was fantastic with lots of useful shelves for putting your toiletries on and the hotel provided shampoo and body wash. There was a sign up saying they also provided other complimentary toiletries on request. The bed was very comfortable, maybe a little small but that was fine and they provided soft or firm pillows. The bedside tables both had plug sockets which I think is a really good touch as most people now charge their phones overnight!

The breakfast is good, it was busy when we went and we had to queue for ten minutes. This was at 10am on a saturday morning. However the lady on reception did tell us when we checked in that the later you went the busier it got, so we ran the risk and I didn't mind queuing anyway. The breakfast isn't the best I have ever had- there was four cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, muesli, juice, tea, coffee, toast and rolls and jams, pain au chocolat, croissants and then a hot selection of beans, sausages and scrambled eggs. I enjoyed it and I was happy it was included but I would have liked a better hot selection- bacon, fried eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms maybe?

This was a minor point anyway and overall I was extremely impressed with this hotel, as other reviewers have pointed out it is a bit hard to find and there isn't any parking but this is the same for many city centre hotels all over the country so to be expected. Very good location, clean, modern, good service and great facilities- recommended.

Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank You for your excellent review I am glad you found the team welcoming and that you appreciated how busy breakfast could get we do try to let people know at check in about the peak times so they can choose when to come down especially when we have a large numbers of guests staying. I hope we can welcome you again soon

Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed at the hotel on Friday 22nd June for the Bruce Springsteen concert. The location of the hotel is probably ideal for short stays in the Northern Quarter although the immediate vicinity is not picturesque - surrounded by high rise flats, some derelict buildings and lots of concrete.
Having said this - the hotel is modern very clean and bright.

On arrival, the reception staff were mildly welcoming. I always like a smile but there wasn't one. I guess they see so many people that its difficult to do this on every occasion.

The room was great and the bathroom with the walk in shower was unexpected - really nice.

I know this is an "Express" hotel but the catering was very poor. There was nothing to accompany the tea and coffee in the room and.... my biggest concern was the breakfast arrangements. We had got back late from the concert and were all looking forward to a really nice breakfast. Apparently the hotel regard the buffet style breakfast as "free". Well thats good because I certainly wouldn't have paid for it. There were machines for coffee and juices and the coffee was awful - we couldn't drink it - really bad bitter taste from a machine. The fruit was bruised apples, ageing oranges and bananas - not fresh at all. The miserly cooked part was beans, scrambled egg and sausage - the sausages were terrible - really cheap supermarket type affair. If you are expecting good food look elsewhere - really dissappointing.

For this reason we wouldn't stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Probably as high as possible to get a decent view
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

I was disappointed to read your review especially as we get really positive comments not only on this site but directly about our welcoming & smiley team. I am sorry that you found breakfast below standard and that you won’t choose to stay with us again because of this but thank you for taking the time to feedback on your stay with us

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Just stayed at this hotel on a one night trip to Manchester for a concert. We had a twin room on the 4th floor and could not fault it. By all accounts this hotel is very new and this is obvious when you enter the hotel and the rooms,it's all very modern and extremely new looking. Rooms had everything needed, drinks facilities, tv and hairdryer. The bathroom was ultra modern with complimentary toiletries of liquid hand soaps and shower gels and a sign that other toiletries can be provided complimentary by housekeeping if required. There is no room service in this express hotel but I didn't find this a problem, if you get hungry there is plenty nearby to keep you happy,including a conveniently situated spa shop across the street. All shops are within less than 5minutes walking distance making the location perfect for city visitors and for us who had just a 30 minute walk to the ethiad stadium for our concert. Breakfast in the cool looking sitting area was self service hot and cold options, we found the food and options excellent and well organised. The only thing I would mention is that parking is not available at the hotel but there are a few car parks situated within very close walking distance, but make sure you are prepared to pay for your city centre parking during your stay. Overall I highly rate this hotel, across the board it provided everything. I will definitely be using this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank You for your "brilliant" review on the hotel. Just a note for next time you visit you may want to use the EuroCar Park which is open air and costs £4.80 for 24 hours it is situated on the corner of Addington Street and Rochdale Road and I think you will agree is a reasonable price for city centre parking options

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed here with my partner for 1 night last night, for the Pearl Jam gig at the MEN.
The hotel is about a 5-10 min walk from Victoria Station and the MEN, which is next to the station. It's located in the Northen Quarter, so great for bars & places to eat, they're on the doorstep. The Printworks is also 5-10 mins away and the Arndale centre too.
Check-in was smooth & easy, the receptionist was very polite and helpful, we also checked in an hour before the specified time which was good. We were on the 3rd floor, room 318. Our double room was stylish & expectionally clean, with a really comfortable bed with plenty of pillows, plus a small sofa, desk & flat screen TV. A modern bathroom, with a great double shower, plenty of towels and complimentary hair & body wash. We had a really good nights sleep, no outside noise either. A complimentary breakfast was a suprise to us when we checked-in, and serving from 6.30-10.30am we found it to be just the job, well organised with a good selection of cold and hot food & drinks. Only one negative was that the seating was a little cramped, but other than that can't grumble, it was just the ticket to start the day and trip back home.
All in all we enjoyed our stay, fantastic location, and it will definately be our first choice of hotel for our next gig in Manchester.

Room Tip: We found room 318 to be quiet and perfectly comfortable for a good night sleep.
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

I was delighted to read your positive review; I think it sums up our hotel nicely. I hope that you and your partner enjoyed Pearl Jam and we get to welcome you back soon