“Great value hotel, great location”

Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre Arena
Ranked #30 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Really good value hotel, room was lovely with a good shower and great views across the city. Good location with shops and restaurants on your doorstep. The staff were very helpful and friendly too. Breakfast was included and the choice was good. If I was being super critical all I'd say was the bar area/seating area was a bit stark with the very bright lights, white seats and neon blue lighting!

Room Tip: Choose a room higher up for great views.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
michelle_lonsdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

I was delighted to read that you had a great stay at our hotel!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,485)

Reviewed March 19, 2012

This is ideally located near all main facility's...m.e.n, arndale etc.
Brilliant value for a city centre, spotlessly clean,friendly,comfy beds and the breakfast
was ideal to keep you going until lunchtime. Few people have criticised the breakfast
but for what you pay it is excellent....the only critic Is the area where breakfast is served ..it is
rather cramped and a bit disorganised but to be fair it was a concert night at the men so was
fully booked!. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and stay there on my next visit to Manchester

1  Thank Nikkii-L

I was delighted to read that you had a great stay at our hotel! It is ideally located for everything the fantastic city of Manchester has to offer and I hope that you return to see us soon

Our free hot breakfast is an area that we are continually trying to improve, as you noted the area is quite limited if we have a high occupancy however we have listened to our guests and are in the process of redesigning the area to make it more efficient & create better space

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Stayed here last weekend for two nights while on a trip to Manchester to see a United match. Great location- very close to the Arndale shopping centre and lots of restaurants/bars and Metro stops (very easy getting to Old Trafford on the Metro). The room was spotless and had all amenities required for a weekend away. The whole hotel is very modern and staff were very friendly! Breakfast wasn't anything special but was good for a bite to eat before going out- big queue on Sunday morning so go early! I don't think I could fault this hotel at all..will definitely stay again when going back to Manchester!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your positive comments & am glad you enjoyed your stay, I will ensure this is passed on to our team

Reviewed March 16, 2012

stayed for 2 nights at this hotel, the room was very cosy with a comfortable bed the room had every thing you need for a short stay and is only a 2 minute walk from the town centre.
only down side was no parking had to park in an N.C.P car park which costs £15.50 for 24 hours

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
michelle_lonsdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2012

Thank You for completing a review on your stay and I am glad you enjoyed your time at the hotel

The hotel does not have an onsite car park however we do have various parking facilities within walking distance of the hotel.

The nearest car park is the NCP Printworks across the road from the Crowne Plaza hotel which is £15.40 for 24 hrs and is a covered car park or the Euro Car Park which is open air and costs £4.80 for 24 hours it is situated on the corner of Addington Street and Rochdale Road

Both of these are only 3 minutes’ walk from the hotel

We have also listed more car parks and locations on our hotels own website

Reviewed March 16, 2012

I was very impressed by the friendliness of the staff, the very high standard of cleanliness & a great bathroom with a very roomy shower. I also thought it was very good value. I would have given 5 stars if the breakfast had been better. I would have much preferred to see bacon rather than sausages. But the hotel was well located for easy access to the city centre & cheap parking nearby. I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Thank You for the great feedback on your stay

I am delighted you found the service and cleanliness of a 5 star standard and will ensure I pass it on to the team

Unfortunately as part of Holiday Inn express standard all the hotels provideonly 3 hot items which are beans, sausage and scrambled egg and not bacon

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Great hotel for a city break, ideally located for shopping,bars and restuarants. We were there for the Manchester United match which was easily reached on the Metro. The hotel was spotless I have never seen a cleaner bathroom before in a hotel. The staff on reception were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very basic but better than nothing! I would definately stay at this hotel again.

1  Thank Andrea G

Thank you for your positive feedback on the service & cleanliness here at the hotel I am delighted that our team where able to demonstrate our stay real attitude and I will pass your comments on to the guys

Reviewed March 13, 2012

A nice hotel that would've been given a rating of four, if I hadn't have had breakfast. The location is good, although the odd side street doesn't feel too secure. It's less than a three minute walk from the Arndale Centre. The rooms are actually quite good with all of the facilities that you would need; and with a great shower.

All was going well until I had breakfast. The scrambled eggs were dry and very grainy and the beans looked like they had been there for over a week. Then, when I asked when was the bacon coming out, I was told they don't serve bacon. How can you serve a hotel breakfast without bacon??? I didn't touch the sausages, which also looked grim.

Nice hotel, shame about the breakfast

• Stayed: March 2012

Thank You for the good feedback on the hotel and location.

I am sorry that you felt the breakfast quality was not of a good standard, Our free hotel breakfast is an express standard and it includes a continental style breakfast and hot options

Originally it was either bacon or sausage on alternate days & scrambled egg but after speaking nationwide to our guests the decision was made to be consistent and provide the 3 hot items of sausages, eggs and beans every day in all Holiday Inn Express hotels

We hope this will not deter you from visting us in the future