“Great pub” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tatton Arms

Tatton Arms
Ranked #26 of 2,184 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Great pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I don't know if the previous writer of the bad review goes to the same Tatton Arms as I do, but it is hard to understand how the lamb can be tough and that at the same time the pastry is raw - surely it should have been burnt. My family and I and our friends have been eating at the Tatton for several years now, both at lunchtime and in the evening, and can only say that we have found the food to be excellent, the service second to none, the staff kind and courteous and management keen to help at all levels. Obviously when the restaurant is busy we eat in the main pub; the area is kept to a very high standard and has a great atmosphere. In the summer months you can sit in the beer garden and watch the planes coming and going - the pub is very close to Manchester Airport and if you are going on holiday this pub is certainly worth a visit either before you go or when you come back.; the food is excellent and as well as the main menu specials are available every day. We would highly recommend it.

2 Thank galf34
TattonArms, Manager at Tatton Arms, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Hi Galf34

A very kind and precise review, thank you so much.
I personally enjoy reading and responding to reviews whether good or bad, i feel that it's important to acknowledge a customers review and should this be good a thank you goes a long way, but should this on the rare occasion be poor it is my opportunity to look at this seriously and try to rectify the issue and ensure that whatever the problem was, we learn by it and ensure that it doesn't happen again.

Your review is both gratifying and gracious and i thank you so much for going in to detail.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon

Kindest regards

Handforth
“Worst meal ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We have just had the most disappointing meal ever which is what has prompted me to write this review - I have never had cause to do this before Initially I asked for my mashed potatoes to be heated -no real problem but then it went from bad to worse. My daughter ordered roast beef Sunday dinner and was asked if she wanted it rare, medium rare or medium - she ordered medium rare and it came as well done and tough as old boots - but at this point we didn't complain. My partner had lamb Wellington -what a disappointment pastry raw and lamb so tough never mind cut it he couldn't even pull it apart. At this point we complained and asked if he could have a slice of beef -he was given this but again ' tough as old boots' and he couldn't eat Did I mention that my pastry on my cheese and onion pie was raw and although it was served with a side salad it was more like a garnish. The young man who served was apologetic and obviously none of this awful food was his fault. BUT NOW WE COME TO THE WORSE BIT - NOBODY FROM MANAGEMENT COULD EVEN BE BOTHERED TO COME TO APOLOGISE!!!!! We had already paid so we just left - we had gone out to celebrate and I can't say how much this pub spoilt our day I understand the chef wasn't in but an apology costs nothing

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Pauline G
TattonArms, Manager at Tatton Arms, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Hello Pauline. I am so sorry that the first review that you have ever had to write was a poor one and i am even more apologetic that the meal that you and your family had was not up to our usual high standard. It is not very often i have to respond to a poor review but i feel very disappointed that any of your review was not brought to my attention at the time, this will be dealt with today and i will investigate to why i was not informed. It sounds like the whole experience, as you wrote, was poor and once again i do sincerely apologise. I would you to call me at your convenience, so that i can discuss this further and either offer you a full refund or a table for the three of you in our restaurant to try and make amends and prove to you and your family that your experience was not a regular occurrence.
Kindest regards
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“kim & pope- absolutely perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

...the most cosy...welcoming...friendly....
clean pub. every visit being fantastic...beautiful food
and an amazing selection. excellent is an understatement.
our absolute favourite

1 Thank kimandpope
Hi Kim & Pope
Thanks so much for your kind review. I am so pleased that you have left a review and that you enjoyed your experience with us. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

“Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Lovely place and outstanding service by Richard who was our waiter.... Made us feel so welcome to the Tatton Arms... Excellent food and also got made a Strawberry ice smoothie non alcoholic which was bloody lovely. i would definitely go back to the Tatton Arms any day.. staff are lovely and friendly that's why my family and i get on so well with Richard. Every where in the pub is dead clean and tidy... you definitely get your monies worth. I would recommend the Tatton Arms to anyone..... Probs one of the best pubs i have ever been too. :)
Also was lovely that they reserved a table for us in the restaurant room where it was warm,peaceful and lovely for what we were celebrating... My Grandads Birthday
Will be back soon ...... ;)

08/02/2014
13:30 pm - 15:00

TattonArms, Manager at Tatton Arms, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Flattery will get you everywhere Charlotte. Thanks so much for your kind review, i am pleased that your grandfather enjoyed his birthday and you enjoyed your personally made smoothie.

Once again, thanks so much, really appreciated

“Excellent Lunch Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Took my sister and her husband out to lunch at the Tatton Arms. It had a warm friendly atmosphere The manager and staff were all very helpful and friendly. Service and food were excellent and it had a lovely 'olde world' feel but with modern comfort. The ladies toilets were clean and fresh with flowers. Our guests thought it was lovely and enjoyed their meals very much, as did my husband and myself. A very pleasant occasion. We will go there regularly now we have retired.
Denise

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Hello June
A very kind and heart warming review, thanks so much. It is always a pleasure to read reviews such as yours as it makes everything worthwhile.