“Foul mouthed, agressive, rude and disgusting.”
Review of Tatton Arms

Tatton Arms
Ranked #36 of 2,261 Restaurants in Manchester
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
“Foul mouthed, agressive, rude and disgusting.”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

On my way from a meeting, decided to pull into this pub car park to have my butties then I was going to pop into the pub for a coffee and reflect on my notes from the meeting.

However; I had not been there 5mins until an angry italian spoken male came charging out grunting and speaking meters before he got to my car. From what I could understand of his fitting blaze, I heard multiple swear words aimed at me which is inappropriate in any context to a stranger. He did not give me chance to explain that I am being polite by not eating my food in their pub but that I will be in to have a coffee in 5 mins. He persisted grumbling and mouthing off in a mix between italian and english foul language until I drove away.

Well sir you didnt just loose my custom, but my family; friends and anyone elses whomb I WILL tell this story too.

Judging by your human interpersonal skills then your coffee is probably crap anyway.

6 Thank dan-162

• Finnish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“First visit, will return”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Visited today after driving past several pubs being unable to decide where to eat. Glad that this was our final choice. Staff were friendly and the waiter was great with our 1 year old. It appeared to be very clean and toilets were pleasant which makes a welcome change from many pubs. Food was very good the chips were amazing and I could of quite happily just had a plate of them. Highchair was supplied but didnt notice a nappy change? Will definately visit again.

1 Thank purplecrazylau
TattonArms, Manager at Tatton Arms, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
I am so pleased that your first visit was delightful for you, our staff try to be attentive to your needs as a matter of course, sometimes during very busy times, this is not always the case, but we do try to make any customer visit a positive one on every occasion. Baby changing facilities are available with a pull down changing unit, wipes etc within the disabled and baby changing room. Thanks for your kind review and look forward to seeing you again.
Richard
“Very rude, confrontational member of staff ?? Was he the landlord?”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I and my family have visited the Tatton Arms many times as it is very convenient for the airport. It is a great meeting place and serves good beer and food. However today, at lunchtime, I pulled into the car park with the intent of having a drink whilst waiting for my daughters flight to arrive. As I parked I received an email which I decided to respond to. As I was typing I noticed a man staring at my car. I assumed it was a customer having a smoke outside. A moment later he came striding over to my car and tapped hard on the window. I climbed out of the car and he loudly shouted "I AM LOCKING THE GATE. THIS CAR PARK IS FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY". When I tried to explain that I was about to enter the pub he waved his arms aggressively and told me in blunt expletives to leave. I was greatly affronted and told him so and his manner became even more aggressive. I am a sixty year old retired army officer and was totally dismayed by his behaviour. If, as he maintained, he was the landlord he has certainly lost my custom and that of my family and we would advise everyone to give this establishment a wide berth.

6 Thank DissatisfiedPerson
TattonArms, Manager at Tatton Arms, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
I am so sorry that your visit was totally unacceptable. We do had serious issues with cars parking on the car park waiting for flights to arrive at the airport but that is no excuse for the way you were spoken to, this incident along with others has just been brought to my attention as i don't access trip advisor regularly enough which will now change. Please accept my sincere apologies and be assured that the person responsible has had a severe reprimand and this will not happen again.
Kindest regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Rudest landlady ever”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Don't give an honest review on trip adviser unless you want to feel the wrath of what I can only call an obnoxious landlady, after having a bad experience with her on a previous visit I decided to go back and give it another go but I had even got past the bar before being lambasted by her because a member of my party on the previous visit had left a fairly negative review, I'm surprised you came back she shouted over the bar in front of everybody present, a quiet word to one side would have been nice and a lot more professional, I couldn't believe what I was hearing, this women couldn't run a bath let alone a pub, I was so angry I will never go back to this pub again and certainly never recommend it again, the food is hit n miss standard wise, usually a miss if its busy, il leave it up to you whether to visit this pub but my advice is to find a pub with a landlady that doesn't look like she is chewing a wasp when you want to sit at another table or complain about your meal

Visited July 2013
9 Thank Mike B
TattonArms, Manager at Tatton Arms, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Well this is certainly someone who has a lot to say. On your previous visit on the 20th May while is was on holiday, i have been informed by my staff that you were seated in the restaurant by the view window and asked to move because the family including children were to noisy. The only table at that point was the table you mentioned in your last review for which you accepted in order move, after a little while you asked to move again to another table which had become available and this was accommodated. When you came in to the Tatton Arms on the day of your last review i was there when Karen did say to you " Hello, i am surprised to see you again after your last review" and it was you who were obnoxious and rude. I am the first to admit when something has gone wrong and during our busy periods, service from our kitchen may be longer than i would like but this is only due to all of our meals being freshly prepared to order. From the Trip Advisor sire there are 105 reviews placed by customers whether good or bad but overall there are 90 people who feel our service and food is excellent or good and 4 who felt their visit was average, that's a total of 94 from 105 who have enjoyed their experience including yourself. The only person that was embarrassed on your last visit was your mother, who i have a lot of respect for and is welcome with us at any time as is your sister. You have made it incredibly clear that we will not see you again and that decision is satisfactory if not unfortunate. Karen runs an excellent business where our customers come first and like myself, she goes the extra mile to ensure the surroundings, staff, our food and service are all of a high quality and we will both continue to do so.
Richard
“Friendly staff and great food - not normal pub grub, great homemade stuff”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Really great. Was expecting normal pub grub but much better. I had pizza which was delicious and rolled from fresh dough. My wife has lasagne which can be hit and miss in pubs but was great too. Staff friendly and helpful too

• Visited July 2013