“Love BBQ, love Southern 11”
Review of Southern 11 - CLOSED

Southern 11
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Tried Southern 11 for the first time this evening and very much enjoyed the experience. If you like/love BBQ this is the place for you. Named after the 11 southern US states (all with their different twist on barbecue flavours) the menu has a wide range of meaty dishes and lots of traditional American sides to add.

Positives: We had the tasting platter, although we nearly opted for the all-you-can-eat-Tuesday option, and everything was delicious. Perfectly tender brisket, mouth watering pulled pork and juicy pork belly ribs all with their own BBQ flavour. The onion rings were gargantuan multi-layered mouthfuls, the beans were a nice twist on the usual baked variety and the cornbread had lovely crispy bits in them.

Negatives: The food is served in, what I can only describe as campfire bakeware tin trays - I love this to match the theme but in practise not particularly practical. Ours were not overly warm to start with and as a result the food became cold very quickly. The staff were a mixed bag - one attentive, friendly female - one silent and surly male.

The long and the short is this was a fun, yummy meal in nice surroundings at a reasonable price. I'd recommend it and I will be going again … just hope my tin is warmer next time,

Reviewed March 3, 2014

When me and a friend visited this restaurant under a year ago, the food was terrific. I was in love with my meaty combo dish that came with fries, so I was destined to return.

I went in January 2014 at around 5pm on a weeknight to find the place dead. My initial thoughts were that we'd get serviced properly by both front and back of house; sadly I was wrong.

We ordered the fried chicken thighs with mash and gravy and a grilled chicken sandwich. Neither dish were fabulous in comparison to what I had on my first trip.

It's a shame as I loved this place, but I think it may have dipped in quality. I'm unsure whether to go back or not in the future.

1  Thank JorelJBond
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Not really room to swing a cat, but nice range of items on menu - and everything we tried was pretty delicious if a little deadly for the old heart. Service was fine, if nothing to write home about, price was ok for what it was. Would go again.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I have never ever been spoken to by a rude arrogant jumped up TWIRP on the restaurant door tonight. He offended me greatly and was so rude and arrogant to me and my partner we were speechless. If I was manager and owner of this restaurant he would be sacked on the spot!
To have member of staff abuse you to your face and pull a face at you and grin! Now he very lucky man.
I would like the manager to reply to this and I will be taking this further!
We walked straight out with my partner in tears
Disgusting behavior!

1  Thank beaker666
Reviewed February 17, 2014

It is well done, very nice inside, Really nice cocktails but was disappointed by the food, noticed most people having burgers but as I had read the blurb on the web site(impressive) I thought I should try something different, I had a combo deal which was supposed to be a bit of beef, chicken and pulled pork.....it ALL tasted the same, all I could taste was the same smokey flavour...what's the point!
That said I would go again and have cocktails and burgers!