“Great cocktail....once it arrived”
Review of Southern 11 - CLOSED

Southern 11
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Recently met up with a few friends at the venue for drinks and a few nibbles.

The waitress was prompt in taking our orders....everything arrived in reasonable time except for my cocktail which didn't arrive.

I made enquiries at the bar and eventually it arrived five minutes after the further prompt.

Really enjoyed the cocktail but earlier delivery of the same would've led to a higher rating on here.

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We've just had a great meal at Southern 11!

6 of us (including one ten yr old) had an early dinner for the first time at this venue based on a recommendation and weren't disappointed.

We had a range of different meals, all of which were cooked well and tasty. For me, the pulled pork was by far the best dish although we argued this and others voted steak and ribs.

I'm not sure that I would describe the food as packed with flavour as you might expect from this kind of place but it's nice to have the choice of something a bit different in Manchester!

The ambience in the resteraunt was buzzy but relaxed and the staff were really great, especially our waiter!

We'll definitely go back!

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Really wanted to love this place, but rib of beef did not fall off the bone as expected and was a little tough. When we raised this with the waitress, we just got a smart attitude which left a bad taste.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Went here with my husband and our 9 yr old. Good menu for children, plenty of choice for any child. The main menu offered good choice and we were able to get a table without booking, though I would recommend booking as it was very busy. The food was absolutely delicious, had been wanting to try this type of food for ages and would definately recommend the pulled pork, (platter with belly pork and ribs). The staff were excellent, very pleasant and checked that we were happy with everything on several occasions. Great service too!! Cannot complain about the food and service at all!! Drinks are a little expensive, but then it is a restaurant, so can't complain! Will definately, definately go back!!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We booked a table here to go after a day of shopping and were greeted with ambient lighting and a surprisingly small room (not that that was a particularly bad thing). At first, it seemed there were slightly understaffed with only one server taking orders and one serving the food, but as we ordered it was clear they could work well despite this. I ordered a pulled pork sandwich which is a favourite of mine anywhere and was not disappointed, it was lovely! The staff were efficient and friendly and I would definitely go again!