“Best Steak Ever”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2013

WOW discovered this place on a work night out and wasnt really looking forward to it but how amazing is the food, We had a selection of starter including olives served on ice (i was the only one who liked olives bonus)

Then the steak arrived with what looked like a bucket of chips but fantasic really tasty, staff great topping up my glass of wine when getting a bit low - hence i was a little wobberly when I left.

I cant wait to go back again - shocked by some of the reviews on here as we one of the best places Ive eaten in town

There are newer reviews for Southern 11

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Booked a table on Friday evening and turned up a few minutes early. Arrived and was told that our table would be a few minutes and to take a seat at the bar, ordered a couple of cocktails which were pretty poor for the money and lacked any kind of finesse, they weren't delivered to even their own simple descriptions. Not a great start.

Some 15 minutes after our table booking time, the manager came over and said a table will be ready very soon. Another 15 minutes passes with us still sat at the bar, I ask the manager again, how long will the table be. He then instructs a waitress to show us to a table. Only this is a table for 8, and there are 6 people already sat down eating and drinking. The manager didn't ask us or the people already on the table if this would be okay, they looked as confused as me and my girlfriend when we were told to sit. Not happening. Asked to be seated elsewhere. Waitress goes back to manager who after a couple of minutes sends his waitress back over and says "When you booked, the system booked you onto our log table (a 20 seater), sorry it is a rubbish system".
Now I wasn't having that as an excuse because if that was indeed the case then we should have been informed when we arrived and we would have also been able to sit down when we arrived as this long table was empty. Said we would give it another 15 minutes to see if a table for 2 actually came up, nope. 45 minutes after arriving, having been lied to and messed about, we decided to leave, told the manager who completely blanked me and turned to talk to someone else.

They lost £60-70 in that visit and any future business I would have given.
Awful service.

1  Thank domkj
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I visited with some friends on a Tuesday when they do an All You Can Eat BBQ night (ribs and chicken).

Positives - The venue itself is great. The interior decor gives it a bit of class (considering it started as a fast-food outlet in the food court). In general the staff were courteous. The main plus point was the food which is pretty important for a restaurant. I appreciate it would be hard to do a slow roast of ribs where the meat just slides off the bone but they were still tasty. The chicken started as chicken thighs (which I prefer anyway) and followed by chicken wings, again all well cooked.

Negatives - Although the staff seemed attentive to refill drinks we felt neglected for food and clearing up. As most of us went for the All You Can Eat BBQ it felt very limited. It is only subject to 2 hours dining only. We arrived at 18:50. By the time we ordered and got our first round of food it was already 19:40. There was a good portion of ribs and chicken for each of us. I wasn't sure of how it worked but it felt like the entire table had to finish the food before ordering the next round. It got to 20:20 for the next round of food. A few of the group had eaten enough but for the some of us continuing we only received 2-3 ribs each. To be fair most of the group had had enough food but some of us wanted more. The waiter seemed surprised that we wanted more food and seemed hesitant to take the order. They had run out of ribs but offered babyback instead. There was quite a bit of meat on (a bit like pork belly) but we only got one rib worth each. This arrived at 20:50.

Drinks - The AYCE BBQ came with a complimentary beer which was good but as I was drinking coke I was disappointed with the size. (I think it was a 200ml bottle).

Overall, although the food was exellent we were disappointed with the speed of getting the food out. This may have been due to them running out of ribs and they probably tried to play it safe and slow it down to prevent giving too much out. I would like to try it again sometime but with a smaller group.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We visited here for a midweek lunch, the atmosphere was nice, the waitress was lovely and very helpful, I had the pulled pork with jalepeno cornbread and colslaw it was devine, my daughter had a mixed meat platter with parmesan truffle fries all delicious and cooked to perfection, my husband had the mini sliders also delicious, our drinks were served in jam jar type glasses which we found fun and quirky, all happy diners here cant fault it one bit we will definately be back for more :)

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I eat here at least 2-3 time per month. I also bring clients and business contacts here for lunches. It has never failed to impress in terms of food quality and food. The staff are welcoming when you arrive and the waiting staff are always friendly and chatty which I like.

The food is a modern presentation of traditional american dining. If you're not a meat lover then it's not the place to go. I cannot recommend the pulled pork enough. This is my usual meal with a side of courgette fries or sweetcorn pudding.

This place is great for a relaxed lunch or a nice night out. The cocktail menu is great and they are invariably served in a unique way. The attention to detail to make this a dining experience pays off in my opinion.