“Pulled pork was delicious - give it a try”
Review of Southern 11 - CLOSED

Southern 11
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dukinfield, United Kingdom
“Pulled pork was delicious - give it a try”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I work in the area however have never been here, yet heard so much about it. I was meeting a friend for lunch last Friday so decided to give it a go. As this was a Friday we did not get the usual 20% discount with the "Spinningfield Yellow card" - must remember that next time. Anyway, we did not book but that was not an issue as we got there just before 1pm and were very quickly shown to our table. service was good and in no time we had ordered our meal. I had the pulled pork sandwich which came with a large serving of coleslaw and my friend had a veggie burger with fries. Absolutely delicious and the pulled pork was so tender and tasty - better that I have eaten in the US. We did not have to wait too long for our meal - despite not getting the discount the food was very good value. Varied menu with plenty of choice - next time I will be looking at trying the three baby burger tasters and fries. Leaving the restaurant I asked myself one question - why did I wait so long to try it !!

• Visited March 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Delicious high quality food”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I had the wings and the three mini burgers and was very happy. The price of on average £10 a main is nothing when you consider the size of the portions and that it is all locally sourced free range meat. Unlike some American style restaurants you can be sure that what you are eating has not just been reheated from frozen but made for you, and it shows in the taste and presentation of the food. Little touches such as parmesan in the chips for example really make it something different and interesting. Would definitely return to try out some of the other items on the menu.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Value food, and excellent cocktails”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have eaten here several times now, and thought it time to leave a review. The food is southern style BBQ food, with some interesting but delicious sides to choose from. The pulled pork is lovely and tender, the ribs are suitably sticky and I recommend the deep fried pickle spears, and also the chicken wings to start. Food is reasonably priced and they have a very good cocktail menu. Try the Parma Violet flight. They bring this too you with the cocktailshaker and the ingredients and you shake it yourself! very entertaining and tastes just like Parma Violet sweets. Very morish. Well woth a visit.

• Visited February 2013
Manchester
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My friend and I visited before going out on 13th, we sat near the window and were blown away by the energy of this place. Our gorgous smiley waitress patiently explained teh cocktails - my Cosmopolitan was elegant ,my friends Gin and Jazz was DELICIOUS. Then we tried the Southern Belle - still talking about it... The food looked amazing, tasty but classy, coming b then ack for my birthday.

• Visited March 2013
“Expected better”
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Went on a saturday lunch and shared the chicken wings which were nice but no smokey flavour as the menu stated. The wife had fried cat fish that she said was ok but for £12 but the portion was small. The tasting platter i had consisted of two tough and chewy ribs, 3 small slices of dry brisket and some pulled pork which was lovely. £45 for two with a beer each certainly aint cheap but the restaurant probably cost a lot to build so they gotta recoup the expense somewere. Authentic southern bbq this certainly is not.