“great find”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great service and great choice on menu. Clean friendly atmosphere. Food very reasonable. Smart looking restaurant with warm cosy feel.

There are newer reviews for Southern 11

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Visited with two business colleagues as close to my office for lunch.

We all went for hot sandwiches, which came around 20 minutes after ordering, which is pretty good for Manchester City Centre. Quality of food was good and seasoned well.

Milkshakes are good, nice and thick!

Service is good for peak period.

1  Thank aw2010
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Both my husband and I love this place and often visit when we can. The food is always consistent and tastes fantastic. From the Pulled Pork to the Corn Bread, we always leave content and full. I love their milkshakes which are thick and creamy but very filling!
One small let down can be the service, it does seem to take time to have your order taken or grab the attention of the servers mid course. It was also really cold in the restaurant last time we visited. Still with food as good as theirs, it won't be long before we're back again :)

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We were a group of 6 girls that went here on a Saturday evening for a birthday celebration.

We had booked our table 2 - 3 weeks in advance for 8.30. When we arrived we were asked to get a drink at the bar as our table wasnt ready. It started to approach 9 o'clock and it was quite clear there were no tables free for us. When I asked how much longer we could expect to wait our waitor was unbelievably rude....he said it was not his fault that our table was not ready and there was nothing he could do about it! When I asked to speak to his manager he said "I dont know why she'll only tell you the same thing"!!

When I did speak to the manager she was at least apologetic and did attempt to make us a table however this was in a space clearly too small for a table of six and the waitors were having to squeeze past us every two minutes which was extremely annoying. We were finally seated on this make shift table at about 9.20, 50 minutes late. Once we ordered we were told "we can move if we want" which of course we did but this was very disruptive to our evening.

Luckily for everyone else their food was nice but my salad was very disapointing. As soon as we finished we couldnt get out of there fast enough and although there was a discount on our bill (rightly so) not one person came over to apologise for the inconvienience and check that everything had been ok for us. It doesnt cost anything to say sorry!

Despite the food being ok and the restaurant being nice I doubt any of us will return and I certainly will not. The staff are not only extremely rude but are clearly incompetent at dealing with any sort of disatisfaction from customers.

3  Thank Zara S
Reviewed January 18, 2013

went here with the boyfriend when visiting manchester and was really looking forward to it has he had said it was lovely. He was right the food was beautiful however, they got our order wrong twice and forgot our onion rings which we then had to re-ask for. I hate places that don't write down your order and try to remember it from memory, i appreciate it looks much more professional but clearly doesnt work! would go again but wouldnt run back!

1  Thank Leanne A