“Terrible service, rude staff”
Review of Southern 11 - CLOSED

Southern 11
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We were a group of 6 girls that went here on a Saturday evening for a birthday celebration.

We had booked our table 2 - 3 weeks in advance for 8.30. When we arrived we were asked to get a drink at the bar as our table wasnt ready. It started to approach 9 o'clock and it was quite clear there were no tables free for us. When I asked how much longer we could expect to wait our waitor was unbelievably rude....he said it was not his fault that our table was not ready and there was nothing he could do about it! When I asked to speak to his manager he said "I dont know why she'll only tell you the same thing"!!

When I did speak to the manager she was at least apologetic and did attempt to make us a table however this was in a space clearly too small for a table of six and the waitors were having to squeeze past us every two minutes which was extremely annoying. We were finally seated on this make shift table at about 9.20, 50 minutes late. Once we ordered we were told "we can move if we want" which of course we did but this was very disruptive to our evening.

Luckily for everyone else their food was nice but my salad was very disapointing. As soon as we finished we couldnt get out of there fast enough and although there was a discount on our bill (rightly so) not one person came over to apologise for the inconvienience and check that everything had been ok for us. It doesnt cost anything to say sorry!

Despite the food being ok and the restaurant being nice I doubt any of us will return and I certainly will not. The staff are not only extremely rude but are clearly incompetent at dealing with any sort of disatisfaction from customers.

3  Thank Zara S

Reviewed January 18, 2013

went here with the boyfriend when visiting manchester and was really looking forward to it has he had said it was lovely. He was right the food was beautiful however, they got our order wrong twice and forgot our onion rings which we then had to re-ask for. I hate places that don't write down your order and try to remember it from memory, i appreciate it looks much more professional but clearly doesnt work! would go again but wouldnt run back!

1  Thank Leanne A
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I've never written a review before but I feel I really have to for this place. My husband and I have been looking for this very place since our visit to America. Where we had experienced some brilliant no fuss restaurants with fantastic BBQ food.
We went to Southern Eleven for lunch on New Year Eve it was perfect. The atmosphere was warm, it was clean and the service was good.
For a starter we shared Macaroni Cheese and Chicken Wings. Nicest Macaroni Cheese I have ever had and I am attempting to make it at home. Slight negative, they brought us one finger bowl to rinse our fingers in after the wings, but once my husband had done his it seemed pointless washing mine in dirty water. I washed my hands in the ladies. I think I could have requested another bowl, but I wouldn't have been satisfied that I was clean and not sticky.
I ordered a platter for my main with pulled pork, beef brisket and pork belly ribs. My ribs had a lot more meat on them than my husbands choice of ribs.
I think I made the best choice. It also came with a corn roll that had jalapeños in it, best bread I have ever tasted, perfect accompaniment. The homemade coleslaw was nice, I wasn't keen on the beans or the fries (generally not a fan of chips though). I would prefer an option of sweet potato fries. I had no room for dessert...
I absolutely can't wait for a return visit. Amazing place, try it out for yourself.

1  Thank LaraST
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Brilliant! Went there last weekend....cocktails are to die for.

Will be visiting again :)

Cheers,

David King

2  Thank DavidKingCritic
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Southern Eleven was recommended to me by a friend as me and my hubby enjoy good food at good restaurants and this place did not fail to please... You will never eat in Nandos or TGI fridays again after dining here.. same prices you pay better service and the choice of food on the menu would even suit my fussy 10year old.... we had the warm toitilla chips to start which we shared then I had the mini selection sandwich which came with all the trimmings and my husband had lil burgers selection and a side order of onion rings we were not disappointed.. I also had a couple of there non alcoholic cocktails that were very refreshing no room for dessert .. overall we loved it and will def return

1  Thank rafi7