“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Papa G's - CLOSED

Papa G's
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We have eaten here on many occasions and would highly recommend . Always greeted with a smile and warm welcome from the staff and nothing is too much trouble. The food is excellent and a great selection of things to drink .
Definitely our favourite restaurant and looking forward to the next visit.

1 Thank kiero135

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Refused entry on a SATURDAY night...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I don't really do reviews however I felt like I needed to on this occasion. I have been to papa gs before and loved it, I know the food is great and the service is excellent most of the time, However I tried to enter at around 10pm on a SATURDAY NIGHT and got refused saying were closed!?!?! by what seemed like the head waiter? He was in a different colour shirt to everyone else they were all wearing black.... I have dined here many times at that time of night, the restaurant was still busy I couldn't understand! so, sadly we had to make our way to prezzo where we was allocated a table with no problems. Honestly I have to say I don't think ill be returning any time soon...
It does say 11pm on the website..... Very unprofessional!!!

Donegal
“22 very happy hens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Recently ate here on a very busy Saturday night as the main meal for my sister's Hen Weekend in Manchester. Alfredo was professional and friendly on the phone prior to our visit and on the night, he was just fantastic. The food was gorgeous - flavoursome, well presented and reasonably priced. Our large party were served promptly and with courtesy. The house wine is lovely and again, reasonably priced, We had starters and main courses and had no room for dessert!
I ate here with my husband and son last year, and it seems that no party is too big or too small for this restaurant. The service is superb, the food is gorgeous and I think that each of the 22 ladies would happily recommend and return to this restaurant. Thanks!

1 Thank misecailindeas
Cheshire
“Lovely, Lovely!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

The food is wonderful highly recommend the ribs or the lamb or burgers - the chunky chips are not that great and usually raw but the good meat makes up for that!! the staff are so nice and friendly and the cocktails are amazing!!

The chocolate calzonne is to die for!!!

• Visited July 2013
“The perfect restaurant ran by a very friendly family who make you feel welcome the second you walk through the front door and fo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I live in nottingham and often go to manchester to watch man u and every time me and my girlfriend visit we also make a point of going to papa g's restaurant the food is amazing the service is the best and every time we have been there we just cant wait til we next visit so we can go papa g's again the place is addictive its that good.