“Bad service, bad attitude”
Review of Papa G's - CLOSED

Papa G's
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My son took his girlfriend out for a meal at Papa G and found toilet tissue in the lasagne. The manager offered a change of meal, but this was obviously after all confidence in the cooking had been lost. My son was told not to bother complaining because nothing would be done about it. Possibly due to low staffing levels after new year, but this is no reason to lower standards.

Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I have been several times in a group and as a couple and have always had great service and fantastic, effortless food. From the outside you think it would be the mass produced, glorified pub food but it isn't. Every dish I've had has been yummy. Also great for families.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stopped here after the christmas markets, and were in for a great surprise.We had never eaten greek before and it was a nice surprise.The food was excellent ,as was the service and attention given to us,very friendly and happy to advice on the menu.The portions are huge! so perhaps next time we have just a main or the mezzi, as try as we could, we couldn't eat it all.
Well worth a visit.

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Took my 3 sons here today for a meal before going to the cinema.
Greeted by a friendly waiter who showed us to our table. He took our drinks order & left us with the menus. The boys had the kids menus, there was a great choice and the price included a drink, main meal and dessert. The waitress came and took our order, we had warm flatbreads with 3 dips for starters, then there were 2 kids chicken with chunky chips and a kids classic burger and chips. I ordered bean and lentil stew with grilled salmon. The food was delicious and hot, the only thing i would say is that the portion sizes for the kids are a bit small.

Apart from that it was yummy and we will be back.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

A couple of months ago I went to the printworks and went to a restaurant called Papa G's with my family. At first we got a meet and greet from a polite waiter he show us our table and gave us a menu to look at. At first I ordered a meze starter which has all the different varieties for you to choose from such as chicken wings, Calamari, halloumi, arachini etc. After I finished my starters I went on to the main course Which I chose the mixed grill souvlaki which had pork,chicken, lamb and sausage all I can say is once I tried it is WOW it was absolutely delicious I enjoyed the main course of the meal. Also the main course didn't tuck that long to come out compare to the other restaurants I recently been to in Manchester. All I can say is I absolutely enjoyed my experience at this restaurant with the great service, atmosphere, price and food. I will defiantly be coming back soon.