Diamond Lodge
$121
$91
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$84
$78
Hotels.com
The Midland(Manchester)
$146
$106
$79
  • Free Internet
All reviewsbelle vuegreyhound stadiumdog trackcity centreroom was cleanmain roadfree wififree car parkingincluding breakfastfull englishbus stopbreakfast was buffet styletea coffee making facilitiesbudget hotelsroad noiseall you can eatsaturday night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was put here by an airline after a delay meant a missed flight.
I don't know what they charge but for a basic hotel I have no complaints. The staff were very helpful and friendly.
The room smelt slightly musty but opening the window for a while sorted that.
Room was quite small but was very clean.
Breakfast was very nice.
If I have to include a negative point I'd say there was a fair bit of traffic noise but it's in a city so has to be expected.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the road
Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is a budget hotel and sells itself as one so you cannot really expect 4star luxury.

The room was clean and of a good size, while the bathroom had everything you could wish for and was well maintained. The breakfast in the morning (which is included in the price) was really good, as you could have all you wanted.

With most places like this you will find some rooms better than others however, for the money, it is an absolute bargain!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were very disappointed with our stay in the hotel. We never saw the two lady staff members smile while we were there for the two days. They shouted across the reception & dining area at each other. They looked like it was their first day on the job.

On the first night I had a seafood platter. The scampie was served cold. When I mentioned this to the waitress she said it should be fried. There was nothing she could do about it. I could complain to the manager in the morning. The next night we were told they could not take orders for twenty minutes as they were too busy. There was about six people eating. We did not wait to eat.
Service was dreadful. No one cared about the customer. The toilet floor had not been washed in a long time my feet were sticking to it.

Would not hurry back

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed for just one night. Check in quick and efficient. Room clean but with a distinctive musty, lived in aroma. Bathroom floor covering was bubbled and lifting due to water egress.Shower was powerful and refreshing. Mattress was of the memory foam type and was very comfortable. Went to the bar for a drink which is attached to reception so is served by the two receptionists on duty. We ordered our drinks which the lady started pouring. She then stopped half way through and commenced serving other people, I noticed our drinks appeared to join the other customers order. She then went to serve another customer. We highlighted the fact that she had taken our order but had then subsequently ignored us, she replied, "What did you order", we told her and it suddenly dawned on her that she had given our drinks to the other customer. She said, "Sorry, everyones in my face" There were no more than five at the bar!!! On a personal opinion, the two receptionists were adorned with several tattoos clearly on display on the arms and neck which I find unprofessional. Breakfast was a free for all, no check in just find an empty table, which we did, that had not been prepared (help yourself to cutlery) Everything was self service. It appears that anyone could walk in off the street and help themselves. Food was usual mass produced and kept in warming containers. At the time of our stay there was a large contingent of Irish Manchester United football fans who were loud but friendly. Would I use the Hotel again - no. Would I recommend it to someone who wanted a cheap over night stop near to Manchester - probably.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike187053
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We spent a night in this hotel and I must say that it wasn`t quite fantastic. The room we were given had a very musty smell and faced the main road, hence car noises driving past did not help.
The major problem with this hotel is the wooden walls and floors. We were on the second floor and every noise upstairs was being heard.
There was a horrible guest directly above us who keep on walking about and moving stuffs through out the night that we couldn`t get to sleep at all due to the noise. These shows the extent of soundproofing in the lodge.
The complimentary breakfast was not too bad but not the best.
The lodge is value for money but don`t expect any luxuries.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family