“Diamond Lodge - Excellent short stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Diamond Lodge

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Diamond Lodge
Ranked #65 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Diamond Lodge - Excellent short stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is only the second time I've been to Diamond Lodge and it is still value for money and I find this has all that I need for creature comforts and has a lot more going for than some other places of this type of accomodation.

I wasn't able to get the type of room I wanted but what I did get was of high quality with everything I could ask for and well laid out.

My room was clean and tidy - and the bathroom/ shower was on the small but very practical, after all you are not going to live it are you and there is a soap dispencer instead of bars of soap which I found very useful (well done).

There was a Sharp Plasma Television fitted on the wall with twenty four channels, I think I tried all of them, till I found the one I wanted ( makes it very interesting ).

The price for a nights stay which included breakfast and free car parking was £45 and well worth it in my estimation.

I found there are two ways to get into Manchester, either by taxi, which can booked at reception or the 203 bus which goes to Manchester Piccadilly - ask at reception where the bus stop is.

If you are thirsty at night and want a hot drink; there is a tray which has all you need to make yourself a drink - once you've been to Diamond Lodge, you won't want to go anywhere else.

Room Tip: When you choose a room online, book early to get the right one
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Greek first
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Booked a double room and a room with 4 beds for 6 people for a night out. There were huge rips on sheets and bed linen. Bath towels were only small towels basically hand towels. Rooms were really hot even with heaters off and windows open. Stains all over carpets and bath towels. Only good thing about the room was the shower was nice and poweful and hot

Breakfast was an experience. No clean glasses even though we were told they were clean -clearly not with lip stick marks on. Sausages were really cold. Plates were dirty. Orange juice was orange squash. And had to clear away tables to use them.

Glad this was for a night out and wasnt at the hotel very much.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank phili19

Travelers are raving about these Manchester hotels

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Does exactly 'what it says on the tin' (and in the photos). Found the room (209) to be clean, a tad cold when I arrived but the heater soon remedied that. Decent tv channels, in-room hair dryer, full length mirror and the in-room tea/coffee/kettle were a welcomed gesture given the late hour I checked in (11:50pm).

Great parking facilities, staple breakfast and communal ironing room.

Michelle and Katie were on reception when I checked out, I found them personable, yet professional, with chuckles all round!!

A definite recommend to my fellow travellers looking for a practical, accessible, clean and economic place to 'lay their head for the night'...

Room Tip: Room 209 is located on the main road side of the hotel, but I slept well.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is not my usual choice of accommodation - we stayed as part of an organised trip to Belle-Vue race track.
I have to say I wasn't looking forward to my stay but the rooms were surprisingly clean the staff were friendly and the breakfast was apparently (I didn't have anything) great with a wide choice.
For what we paid I think it was sufficient.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
South Shields, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I'll start by saying you get what you pay for! This is classed as a budget hotel and although the room was minimal it was clean, comfortable and more than adequate. I was particularly impressed with the cleanliness of the bathroom which had more than ample hot water and plenty of clean towels. If all you want is somewhere to lay your head at night then this hotel is just what you want. We were in room 201 and didn't find it to noisy even though it was close to the main road.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful and in our case nothing was to much trouble.
The buffet breakfast was very good. My only criticism is that there were only scrambled eggs and no fried for those who prefer but hey it's included in the price of the room and all in all was great value. Bear in mind that you can pay more for rooms at Premier inn and the like and they actually charge up to £16.00 for breakfast as an extra!!! Our Daughter stayed in the same room on a single bed and it only cost £12.00 extra including breakfast, great value!
There is a comfortable lounge area with a large screen TV and a bar for a quiet drink. There are two coffee machines which are used for breakfast mainly but we were able to help ourselves with no extra charge. There were facilities in the room for coffee etc but we didn't use them. Car parking was also ample with disabled bays for those who require one although I noticed a couple of vehicles that didn't seem to take any notice or simply didn't display their badge.
All in all a very comfortable stay and we would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: If you want to ensure a quieter room just ask reception when you book, they are very helpful.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Staff were very pleasant ladies, at first room seemed ok, closer look it was filthy! walls paper thin, kept up all night by a gospel choir 'partying' heater got dangerously hot. Had a drink in the bar in the foyer prostitutes being brought onto the premises by guests, glad I didn't bring my daughter to this place! Made a hasty exit to the holiday inn 1 mile up the road for an extra £20 slept well that night! Won't be going back to the cubic zirconia hut!!!

• Stayed April 2012
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Good : Price, cleanliness, free wifi, facilities in room, great buffet "full english" breakfast.
and best point - the staff - friendly, polite and smiling faces.

Not so good : Don't , don't stay in rooms 201 thru 216, or 301 - 316 - they are directly
adjacent to main through road - and you hear every car , truck and bike that passes- I could not sleep (unfortunately - no earplugs with me).

In fairness until I tried to sleep, everything was right, andfor the price I was most impressed with the modest but tidy hotel. It's probably no more than 6/7 miles into central Manchester,
directly opposite the Greyhound and speedway track, plenty of free and safe parking. Just the issue with the glazing noise insulation, other than that good clean, comfortable overnight, reasonable rate, plenty of parking, good breakfast and good fast free wifi.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms giving onto Hyde Road.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo