“Ideal location , very clean with friendly curteous staff”

Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street
Ranked #47 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Lancashire
“Ideal location , very clean with friendly curteous staff”
Reviewed May 17, 2009

We managed to get a good deal - £10 off per night and were very impressed with this hotel. Breakfast was more than adequate. Location is great for shopping, restaurants and theatres and Art Gallery.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bo'ness
Reviewed April 27, 2009

Stayed here on 21 April 2009 when my pal and I went to see AC/DC at the MEN Arena.

Check in was prompt and there were no problems.

The room was a twin on the front of the hotel, it was clean and had everything we required. Both keycards worked fine and the room was not too noisy - especially late at night.

The receptionist was very helpful and clearly showed us the best way to get to the MEN Arena. Departure was fine and we were checked out efficiently and politely.

We didn't eat in the hotel but what I saw looked pleasant enough. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
wales
Reviewed April 2, 2009

stayed for 1 night and was impressed,reception staff efficient and friendly.The room was large enough and the tv,bed,free coffee and tea were all that was expected.The bathroom was good,excellent shower!
Never ate downstairs but had a couple of pints of worthington,priced at £2-60 so no rip off.
Overall would stay again,and the chinese buffet across the road £5-60 for all can eat before 6pm was great.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
England
Reviewed March 26, 2009

Stayed for one night with husband in a special internet price room of £42.70. Ideally placed for Palace Theatre. Car Park close by but pricey £17.20 for 24 hours. Receptionist very pleasant, got confused with booking and tried to charge for room when it had already been paid for, but quickly sorted this out,. Hotel under refurbishment, which was apologised for on a notice in lift! Room smelled awful. Paint fumes. We were going out straight away so left window open. It had cleared somewhat by time we got back. There was no waste bin or hairdryer. There were only two "bath" towels which were only slightly bigger than hand towels. The bed looked and initially felt very hard but was in fact quite comfortable, although we only had two pillows. Room was very clean, not a speck of dust. Bathroom like a plastic pod. Good shower. Next morning, another receptionist again tried to charge for room and broadband that we had not used! She quickly and pleasantly sorted this out. I can't comment on the food as we did not eat here. I would possibly stay again if I got the same price, but would not pay any more. Finally,the staff were friendly, the room was ok, but this hotel would not be my first choice.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Sopelana
Reviewed March 20, 2009

I've never been in Manchester and tried Ibis before. As me and my friends didn't know anything about the city we wanted to find a hotel in the city center close to the restaurants, bars, clubs...

When we arrived at the hotel we checked in within 5 minutes. The lady at the reception was very friendly and we enjoyed a nice chat with her. She explained where we could go out, have dinner, visit....without even asking!!

Next morning when we came down for the breakfast we realised it was finished. We though it was still on and we explained so to the waitress and he very nicely gave us some stuff to take into our room.

Also as our train back to home was late, they late us having a late check out.

Thank U very much for a lovely weekend!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Oslo
Reviewed March 19, 2009

I've stayed at Ibis many times since august, and i'm very happy with the hotel. Last time i stayed there was 4 nights in mars 2009. I dont have any bad things to say about the hotel and the staff. Been very happy with everything every time. Will juse Ibis everytime i'm in Manchester. I juse to travel with a large group of people on every trip, and everyone is very happy with this hotel. Have to say that i've stayed at many hotels in Manchester over the years, but ibis is my favourite hotel in Manchester.

+ Very early check in (This is very important for me personaly, and i think its fantastic)
+ Very nice and helpful staff
+ Very clean!
+ Perfect location
+ Good food, and 24/7 open bar.

Stay at Ibis :)

• Stayed March 2009
london
Reviewed March 3, 2009

I was caught up in the bad weather ( snow ) that affected the country bring everything to an apparent standstill including the trains i had to cancel my booking and re booked for this stay , it was initally a non refundable booking and i felt a bit robbed when through no fault of my own i could not get to manchester .Thankfully the customer relations department and hotel manager were understanding ,helpful and flexable and allowed me to re book an no extra cost that to me is excellent customer service and ensures that i will always use ibis in the future!.
A friendly welcome when i arrived and recieved my key after a brief regristration .the room was very basic but what id expected , fairly well sound proofed, carpet was a bit dirty but acceptable , i would recomend taking up the media package at ibis this includes movies and internet good value for money , there are a few things a could moan about regarding the room but quite frankly aftter the great service a recieved regarding my booking all i can say is that i was satisfied with the hotel and as i stated earlier will stay there again

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo