Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street
REM Hotel(Manchester)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
1,769 results
All reviewsportland streetcentral locationq parkcomfortable bedmain roadshower roomwould stay againpalace theatreshort stayone night staycar parknight's sleeppiccadilly stationnoiseearplugskettleconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here overnight on 30th November. Chose this hotel for its central location - we were at a concert at the 02 Apollo.
The hotel has a 12pm check in/out, which was great. The staff on reception were very friendly and helpful - even telling us which bus to get to the 02 Apollo - which incidentally was incorrect! We got told to catch the 43 bus, on Princess Street. The bus driver on the 43 said we needed the 192, from the bus station, which we then walked back to.
Our room was spotlessly clean. The bathroom smelled strongly of bleach, which was obviously clean, but the smell at times was a bit overpowering. We did consider asking to change to a different room, purely due to the bleach smell.
The bed was comfortable enough. But the noise from the traffic outside, with sirens going off from either police cars or ambulances, along with the drunken shouting of late night revellers, gave me a restless nights sleep. I did actually have earplugs in, and still heard the noise outside!
Overall, a nice clean hotel, good location.

Stayed: November 2013
IbisManchester, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I must apologise that you were given incorrect information regarding the bus services and have passed this onto our Reception Manager. I was happy to hear that your stay was comfortable and had you have called to reception we would of been more than happy to moved your room. Unfortunately this weekend was very busy in Manchester and the noise from street is beyond our control however, the hotel does have double glazing in the bedrooms.

Thank you again for your feedback and hope you will visit us again.

Kind Regards, Clare Doyle

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Excellent location for a stay in manchester. Nice friendly welcome as you enter. Went to my room, Nice as it was homely and relaxed. Bathroom contains a toilet, sink and shower. Overall a good hotel for the price I paid and did the job. I would recommend to others

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisManchester, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I was delighted that you had a comfortable stay at Ibis Manchester Centre and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights - very reasonable price £60 a night - clean, tidy hotel, friendly check in from the staff. The bed was very comfortable, and room had everything I wanted. Staff kindly provided proper milk for my coffee (cant do the little UHT cartons). Only suggestion would be a make up mirror somewhere on the desk area (as that's where the power socket was), as had to use the main mirror to do my make up and therefore sit on the floor..... you can tell this room was designed by a bloke!

First nights sleep was perfect - however second night (22nd November) was really bad as we were disturbed by other guests making an awful lot of noise during the early hours. To be fair the hotel dealt with it, called the police and had the people thrown out, but it still meant I had a bad nights sleep

Didnt have breakfast so cant comment on that. Very centrally located and good position. Great for visiting the xmas markets.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
IbisManchester, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Thank you for your great feedback. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I apologise for the noise you experienced on your second night however as you may be aware this is not usual standards.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back Ibis Manchester City Centre and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

From first Hello to last Goodbye the staff were first class. The modern design suits us, and 24hour meals and drinks was a bonus.The room was spotless as was bathroom. Beds comfortable and room modern, and spacious for the price. Free Wi-Fi in room was good.Special deal with NCP £6 for 24hours in Manchester, excellent. All in all a very happy stay here, and we will be using Ibis hotels in the future.

Room Tip: We were in a room facing onto the main road and didn't hear any traffic noisies at all, so I would say any room would be quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jill H

Thank you for your fantastic feedback. It was a pleasure to read your lovely comments regarding the level of customer service experienced during your stay. I have passed your comments to the team who are delighted to learn that their efforts have been appreciated. I was also happy that the room was comfortable and the facilities were suitable for your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street again very soon.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com